Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Question about creating a track profile (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9956)

Matt D. 09-18-2014 08:14 PM

Question about creating a track profile
 
Hello:

I am trying to create a track profile for Belmont. I am trying to figure out the proper or mean energy distribution. Does anybody know how this is done? How is energy figured, let's say in sprints. I have charted the races so far in the new Belmont meet.

Matt D.

Bill V. 09-19-2014 10:46 AM

Percent Med
 
Hi Matt

Are you looking to profile Percent Medium


Thanks
Bill

Matt D. 09-26-2014 10:28 PM

Track profile
 
I recently read Modern Pace Handicapping. In the book TB suggests making a track profile. I have done this as specified by TB. What I can't figure out is how the numbers for energy exertion at the second call (which range between 52 to 54 for winners at Belmont) relate to the numbers on RDSS. Is there a number some where on the RDSS read out that I can check?

Matt D.

DaveEdwards 09-27-2014 05:59 PM

As Bill Says
 
Matt,

The problem you have here is what I was wondering a little while back.
In MPH Tom Brohamer uses %E. This figure is not in RDSS as it was superseded in the Methodology by %M which as I am sure you know is included within the range of information in RDSS.

Your choice is to either manually calculate %E for all of the PPs you are considering or to calculate %M whilst compiling your profile. In my opinion going with the %M was the far easier option, but if others have a different interpretation I am happy to listen.

Matt D. 09-27-2014 06:27 PM

Dave Edwards: Thanks for your reply. I am new to RDSS. What is %M? Is it anything like %E. I grasped the concept of %E. You create a %E and then you can narrow your choices from there. That's where I get confused with the MPH book and RDSS. The %E on second call for 6 furlongs is usually between 50 and 53 percent in the one track I am profiling. So then the question is how do I compile %M to get an accurate track profile.

Matt D.

DaveEdwards 09-28-2014 06:29 AM

Matt,

Check out Follow Up 12. There is a discussion of %M by Dick Schmidt. He presents the basic formula for %M, you 'll have to adapt it for lengths lost/gained between calls & as you know this is covered in MPH.

Bill V. 09-28-2014 09:58 AM

Same
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi Matt

Percent Early and Percent Med are basically measuring the same thing
one is adding the feet per second numbers of F1 and F2
and then fining the percentage of that total to the total energy feet per second

Percent Med. is adding the percentage of a horses total energy from F1 and F2
You can set your profile to Percent Med or Percent Early
you also have the feet per second numbers on the POH screen in RDSS2

Attachment 38309

Attachment 38308

mowens33 09-28-2014 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D. (Post 98312)
Dave Edwards: Thanks for your reply. I am new to RDSS. What is %M? Is it anything like %E. I grasped the concept of %E. You create a %E and then you can narrow your choices from there. That's where I get confused with the MPH book and RDSS. The %E on second call for 6 furlongs is usually between 50 and 53 percent in the one track I am profiling. So then the question is how do I compile %M to get an accurate track profile.

Matt D.

Matt, just down load the RDSS2 model and plug it in to the attached spread sheet to get Brohamer Model.

The first one I sent out had mistakes, should be okay now.

Mike


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.