Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matchup Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   1 Turn Routes vs 2 Turn Routes (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9882)

Ryan.p.coli 07-09-2014 07:04 PM

1 Turn Routes vs 2 Turn Routes
 
I was going through the Matchup Forum last night, and I found an example race that Richie and Jim were teaching.

I don't remember exactly which thread, however, or else I would link to it here.


The race described was a 9f Route. The Hat disregarded a strong 8.5f Churchill Downs route paceline out because he said it was a 1 turn route (Which makes sense... going around 2 turns, a horse naturally will run slower).

If I was handicapping that race, I would've probably used the very fast paced 8.5f Churchill paceline, because I wouldn't have known any better.

My question is, is there a good chart that details the amount of turns each track/distance is. I found one last night... and here is the link.

I was still confused after looking at the chart, however, as it shows the 8.5f race as a 2 turn route. Obviously, this kind of thing became instinctive to The Hat through experience. Unfortunately, I don't have that experience, but that can still save me from making the same mistake.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ryan.p.coli 07-09-2014 07:05 PM

Here is the chart I explained.

http://helloracefans.com/handicappin...onfigurations/

lsosa54 07-09-2014 07:16 PM

8.5f at CD is indeed 2 turns, on both dirt and turf.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.