![]() |
The have's and all the rest
Do you not find things amiss as we head into this Saturday's Preakness Stakes. Any other year who ever won the Derby would have been under the microscope on anything to do with the winner of the Derby. This year we have Orb who is owned by probably the most influential family in racing and also the power of the private club the Jockey Club. Dinny Phipps and his cousin Stewart Janney. They are flexing their muscle and power and you will only get information on Orb if they want you to know. Sure DRF reported the work Monday and then the loading on to the van for the trip to Pimlico, outside of that nothing. Don't be surprized if you hear not much else before Saturday. If it was any other owner or trainer they would have a shadow on them 24/7 leading up to the Preakness, just ask Doug O'Neill or any other trainer from the past. What this industry does not understand is without the bettor this business does not survive so they do not believe in transparency only deception at the highest level. I don't believe this industry will survive without 1.) a universal commissioner, 2.) universal drug testing, and 3.) getting rid of this self serving Jockey Club.
|
ha....kinda disorganized......... like our government...things will probably not change
|
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life,but only a fool trusts either of the.
. |
One hole, 9 horse field of nothing. Just get ahead start and engrave the trophy and paint the weather vane, oh and while your at it better get a head start engraving the Belmont trophy. First Triple Crown in 35 years come June 8th.
|
Well, you are the gadfly and you know what happened to Socrates. I agree with your first post, but I am too much of an idealist to agree with your last post, but believe there is some truth in what you say. Pat
|
Old Arkie Gal, whatever you want to believe in or who, do so. But come Saturday it's a done deal with Orb.
|
I agree Trotman...don't think they can beat this horse....can't win bet him...hopefully we'll get a good exacta price puttin' him on top of 3 or 4 horses
|
Trotman,
You might be right and I would love to see another triple crown winner, but to quote YB, it aint over til it's over and the fat lady sings. It's horse racing and anything can happen. If I were going to make a bet I'd look for a good, maybe dutched place bet. Good luck, Budman |
Trotman, I love a gadfly and have been know to be so labeled. Please continue your gadflying. It serves a very important function in society.
I have no opinion re Orb, but like Budman I would love to see a trible crown winner. Pat |
Well in about 10 hours we will know. Orb's connections ( Shug ) said we are the target and we're ok with that. Other sites I've looked at will give you all the reasons why Orb will be beaten, but I'm thinking a little after 6:00 their postings will read Triple Crown. All of this banter is what makes this game so great, some will be right and some will be wrong with their opinions. The real winners are the masses like us with no direct involvement, all of us had our opinions. Enjoy the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.