Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you can master these two things (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8919)

shoeless 12-15-2012 05:41 PM

If you can master these two things
 
I have been fortunate enough to have been corresponding with two
people who make thier living at the track.Both of them are not nickle
and dime players and the two things I have noticed that each does is

Know when to pass or play a race

How to bet it


All of this other stuff will not really help you to become successful
unless you can master these two things.

JimG 12-15-2012 06:41 PM

Jeff,

Very well said and absolutely true. Keep listening and absorbing and you may own CT Races. I have trouble in both of those areas at times and it keeps me from having any type of consistency. Contender selection and interpreting readouts (handicapping) is only a part of the overall puzzle.

Best wishes.

Jim

shoeless 12-15-2012 08:16 PM

Jim,

Im in the same boat as you and sure others as well.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday Season


Jeff


I would be happy just to own part of CT slot buisness

JimG 12-15-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 87365)
Jim,

Im in the same boat as you and sure others as well.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday Season


Jeff


I would be happy just to own part of CT slot buisness

That slot business is really booming for them. Probably saved the town. Deciding when and how to bet is very difficult and why you do not see tons of people discussing it. Most, like me, have not figured it out. The few that have, that provides their edge.

Hope you and yours have a great holiday season as well.

Jim

shoeless 12-15-2012 10:18 PM

Jim,


You hit the nail right on the head about people not discussing
it much.

I did see some screenshots from BLAM that looks like it would seem
to help but imagine that thier is a big learning curve with that program.


Jeff

JimG 12-15-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 87368)
I did see some screenshots from BLAM that looks like it would seem
to help but imagine that thier is a big learning curve with that program.


Jeff

I learned quite a bit from the Pizzolla lessons, but I sold the software several months ago. It became too expensive for me supporting multiple data sources and I prefer brisnet.

Jim

shoeless 12-16-2012 08:11 AM

What was it about the program that you did not like?


Jeff

JimG 12-16-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 87372)
What was it about the program that you did not like?


Jeff

Nothing. It is a good program and manages racing information in a logical and concise manner. However, it did not provide me an edge that I could not get in cheaper alternatives.

Jim

shoeless 12-16-2012 09:48 AM

I was just wondering as Im rereading Handicapping Magic and really
everything is in there that a handicapper would want to know.


Jeff

JimG 12-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 87374)
I was just wondering as Im rereading Handicapping Magic and really
everything is in there that a handicapper would want to know.
Jeff

I think it is a good book as well. Not sure I agree that it is all encompassing for a handicapper, but it is certainly a good read. Pizzolla is an excellent speaker as well. Upon listening to him, I really sense he has been there, done that, when it comes to betting the horses.

I do not get that same feeling from many other "name" speakers that I have heard over the years. Many are just theorists, not rooted in practical horse playing. Horse racing for some people in the industry is a way to earn a living while stroking their ego and showing off their intellect.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.