Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Using RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8895)

For The Lead 12-06-2012 01:20 AM

Using RDSS
 
For those of you who may have followed my posts, you know that I use my own software. However, recently I have been posting in the “teaching” section, as well as other places, where not having access to RDSS may have made it difficult for others to follow along. In an effort to allow me to post using images that RDSS users are familiar with, Ted and I have reached an agreement that will allow me access to RDSS. This will make it possible for me to post, hopefully informative information, in a format which all will recognize. My posts will be meant to inform and those wishing to ask questions are certainly invited to do so.

barb craven 12-06-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Lead (Post 86999)
For those of you who may have followed my posts, you know that I use my own software. However, recently I have been posting in the “teaching” section, as well as other places, where not having access to RDSS may have made it difficult for others to follow along. In an effort to allow me to post using images that RDSS users are familiar with, Ted and I have reached an agreement that will allow me access to RDSS. This will make it possible for me to post, hopefully informative information, in a format which all will recognize. My posts will be meant to inform and those wishing to ask questions are certainly invited to do so.

Thank you for taking this extra step FTL. I know there are a great many of us out here that follow your posts. I am one that prints out most of what you have to teach us.
Barb

noddub62 12-06-2012 10:38 AM

I ditto Barb.

JIMBOB1002 12-06-2012 10:42 AM

Ditto here.

lenabugg 12-09-2012 10:12 PM

Im testing RDSS2.0 IS THERE MANUAL ?

Ted Craven 12-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenabugg (Post 87166)
Im testing RDSS2.0 IS THERE MANUAL ?

The Release Notes for RDSS 2.0 are found in the same page where you download the software (top of the RDSS2 Testing Forum).

Here they are again:

Beta 2.0 - http://www.sartinmethodology.com/pub...ease_Notes.pdf
Beta 2.5 - http://www.sartinmethodology.com/pub...ease_Notes.pdf

These tell you how to navigate around RDSS2, what new screens and markups mean, some differences from RDSS1. I have also started a new RDSS2 Video Forum to which Bill and I will be adding short videos regularly, here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...newpost&t=8902

This particular TEACHING forum contains LOTS of practical tips and analysis of using RDSS2, but most importantly: how to understand race conditions, select consistent pacelines and identify Contenders (and Pretenders) which though not strictly related to RDSS, is none-the-less the key to profiting by whatever analysis numbers the program spits out.

Further - many, many examples of analysis best-practices are given in and among the Contest races posted by players in these RDSS monthly contests. Far better to have practical examples in REAL races than all the theory in the world.

By the way - the area I started for you in the RDSS2 Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8889) is still ready and waiting for you to put up an example race you had trouble with for discussion and learning. If you need help making a screen shot, just write me. For starters, you could even just name the race, and name the horse program numbers and the pacelines you chose for each and the decision you made in the race - just to get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.