![]() |
Actually coming to terms with your life
Below is a letter I wrote after re-reading thru the Follow-ups and POW and saw what I thought was a light go off, me seeing what I am, not want I am trying to be and will most likely never be, and being happy, yes of all things taught, it was being happy doing what you are doing, and well that has never been the case as much as now, this time with RDSS ahs been the most fun and relaxing , even with you know..., but I will not let that ruin my great times at the Track and the job that takes me behind the scenes, and all the friends , true friends that I now have back there, to me life is great.
The following letter was to some friends who had doubts and stood by me thru all the turmoil and struggles to find the real me and they seem to think finally after almost 50 yrs I woke up and became happy, and enjoying the life I have, and changing the things that were too stressful on me, like my living situation and last few jobs, each being 12-16hr a day, and etc... and I was wondering if people here could help me with this and have any advice for me or reading suggestions, please feel free to suggest away, thanks patrick Quote:
|
Patrick
--lighten up and smile man. --You are at the SPA !!! Mike from Finger Lakes |
positive
Pat
Good things that you write = I did this right ...I had fun .... I can beat .... I can ... I am doing well at Del Mar in the contest .... Things in your letter that are negative are making you think your feeling better spilling out these feelings but they may be a excuse to lose again. see I told you >>> NO get that out of your life Focus on what you can do. Instead of being envious of others at the Spa be envious of the winning person inside you. Think to become that person that you know you can become, that just has taken its time to get out cause the negatives build up a thick high wall Break to the winning side and just be better than you were yesterday Some trucker thoughts to a fellow gear jam-mer Each day at midnight you get a reset. A fresh start, a new log sheet Make each day the best you can and when you do your end of the day report just think at midnight I get a fresh reset and I will do better GS Bill |
That took guts Patrick. Now heed Bill's advice. Discard the negative and only think positive. We all are individuals with our own quirks, but here we all have the same goal, and along the way if we need help we get it from those around us . See you next week.
Barb |
Thanks Barb and Bill
And Mike that is why I did this to lighten up and enjoythings, finally patrick |
The Blessing of Disgust
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your frank and honest letter. In fact your questions and posts have been very beneficial to me since I first signed up for Rdss last November. Of all the posts that I have read here and on "Pace Advantage", yours have been among the most down to earth and refreshing. It feels good to watch someone else go through the learning process. Your posts are like a refreshing breeze in what sometimes feels like a dry desert of online handicapping posts. Not so much here on "Pace and Cap" as elsewhere ( Ted does a wonderful job of maintaining a non-confrontational, non intellectual and accessible atmosphere), but oftentimes it seems that everyone is an expert revealing their complete mastery of the science of handicapping. In India, we have a saying "Everyone wants to be a "Guru", but no one wants to be a disciple. Or "Everyone wants to be the teacher dispensing knowledge, but no one wants to listen. I do my best to listen, to the many knowledgable handicappers on this site and to those who post as part of their learning experience. And I hear what you are saying. I am reminded of an Indian story about a Courtesan who dresses up in the most beautiful clothes and bangles at night and waits at the door for a rich man to come to her and give her riches... of course he never comes. Finally, after midnight she becomes disgusted at her own behavior and her attempt to impress others and be something that she wasn't. She "wakes up", changes her approach and gives up her vain expectations. It's called "The Blessing of Disgust". It appears that your conflict mirrors this story and is most likely a stage that we must all experience in our learning experience in handicapping. It is my experience as well. Nevertheless, I will continue to be receptive to the process and give up my own vain expectations of great monetary rewards and handicapping mastery. I have personally learned a great deal from this site, this software and the people who post regularly. Thank you all. And thank you Truck Driver for your sharing and humility. I hope you continue to post! Wp |
Patrick
I for one have found you to be amuch more relaxed person this year. You seem to be enjoying life and it shows. You are a pleasure to be around. Charlie |
Quote:
|
I will echo Charlie's thoughts Patrick. You were a changed person this year. A totally changed man with a totally new outlook on life and a great pleasure to be around. The afternoon we shared the table was thoroughly enjoyable. And I found your helpfulness to Bill in particular and to the rest of us in general to be outstanding. I'm proud to be one of your friends. Keep up the good work.
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.