Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Next upgrade expected ? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5935)

reckless 07-23-2009 05:36 PM

Next upgrade expected ?
 
Hi Ted:

Are there any near-term upgrades in the works ?

I was hoping there would be one with a Printing Module coming soon rather than later.

If there is such an upgrade coming, especially with a Printing capability, what could be your possible target release date ?

If there isn't one coming soon, could you also let us know why?

Thanks and cheers.

reckless.

Ted Craven 07-23-2009 07:33 PM

Reckless,

The next RDSS update will be early next week, to add an interim factor model export to Excel and CSV files. Unfortunately Printing will still not be included. But it is completely reasonable to ask why not!

For many months (sometimes more, sometimes less) I have been working on essentially a 70% rewrite of the entire RDSS application. Regarding the layout and structure of the software internals ('foundation' and 'plumbing' so to speak): I know now after about 3 years what I wish I knew at the beginning. To do the remaining things I want to do: modelling, wager tracking, profiling, more internet/tote/ADW connectivity, what to speak of better presentation (graphs, better screen size options, printing) - I needed this internal re-working otherwise I'll never make it: the current software hogs too much Windows resources and crashes too much. The new one I'm working on is rock solid, using far less memory, with a spiffy new, more modern User Interface, for starters.

That's the long answer as my excuse for not many updates recently, and for not adding as core a feature as printouts: it will be in the new version. Late Autumn, promise! I hope to have a working demo at Saratoga. Adding the modelling output this week is a fairly minor add-on to the existing version and something which was close to the surface anyway.

I hope you can hang on until printing arrives. I promise you, you will like what you see!

yours,

Ted

reckless 07-24-2009 11:25 AM

Thanks Ted ...
 
... for the update reply.

Do you think the very next RDSS update will 'eliminate' the very frustrating crashes that often occurs when I jump from either race -to- race or from intra-race horse -to- horse movements ??

Thanks and good luck.

Ralph

Ted Craven 07-24-2009 11:36 AM

Ralph,

Sorry, but no there won't be any change to the memory and crashing issues in next week's update. Addressing that very (important) point is among the reasons for a significant software rewrite.

Sorry it cannot be sooner.

Ted

CC Brown 07-31-2009 03:10 AM

Next big update
 
Looking forward to the printing module. I had to leave for a meeting and tried to use Snagit to print the segment and BLBL and never succeeded.

You might want to look at an autoscratch function since you already connect with the tote board.

Keep up the good work. I am doing well at Del Mar and Saratoga so far.

When are you going to Saratoga?

CC

Ted Craven 07-31-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Brown (Post 58038)
You might want to look at an autoscratch function since you already connect with the tote board.

Hi CC - the existing tote connection reports any scratches for the current race, not the same as autoscratch for all races for the day, I know. I will add the to the 'big update' for sure, though timing of scratch info can be unreliable. Since the scratch info will come from Supertote (or eventually your own ADW) RDSS' knowledge of scratches will be as good (but not better than) that of its online source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Brown (Post 58038)
When are you going to Saratoga?
CC

I'll be in Saratoga from August 19 - 23. Will we see you there, especially for the Sartin/Bradshaw Memorial Race on Sunday 23, Pace and Cap Day?

Ted

SilentRun 07-31-2009 10:43 AM

Do you think the very next RDSS update will 'eliminate' the very frustrating crashes that often
occurs when I jump from either race -to- race or from intra-race horse -to- horse movements ??

You may have already discovered this but.......
I have found that I could avoid a race-to-race crash by exiting
the current open race prior to accessing the next race.

Ted :

Since you are one resource and I see that you are spread out
pretty thin. Do you think it will be worthwhile to eliminate delivering
these interim versions, which I think the majority of the users,
including me, can live with and concentrate on the 70% re-write ?
I hope that no offense is taken by the aforementioned.

Ernie

noddub62 07-31-2009 12:19 PM

comment line
 
Hey birthday boy, in any of your future revisions are you planning to have a comment line as Doc's later programs had? It would be a great reminder for us old cappers.

Thanks,
Bud

Ted Craven 08-03-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentRun (Post 58051)
Do you think the very next RDSS update will 'eliminate' the very frustrating crashes that often
occurs when I jump from either race -to- race or from intra-race horse -to- horse movements ??

You may have already discovered this but.......
I have found that I could avoid a race-to-race crash by exiting
the current open race prior to accessing the next race.

Ted :

Since you are one resource and I see that you are spread out
pretty thin. Do you think it will be worthwhile to eliminate delivering
these interim versions, which I think the majority of the users,
including me, can live with and concentrate on the 70% re-write ?
I hope that no offense is taken by the aforementioned.

Ernie

Ernie,

YES, my big rewrite seems rock-solid so far, but still working on the innards. I agree the crashes are frustrating. I was hoping to demo something on my own computer at Saratoga...

No offense taken at all re advice to concentrate on that update - it is EXCELLENT advice! The recent updates I have released are done, anyway, and I really don't plan to release any more updates (barring serious bugs) until the next big one.

Ted

Ted Craven 08-03-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noddub62 (Post 58056)
Hey birthday boy, in any of your future revisions are you planning to have a comment line as Doc's later programs had? It would be a great reminder for us old cappers.

Thanks,
Bud

Bud, YES, absolutely - a comment line as Doc had, and room to make any freeform comments on the race or the analysis for future review including when horses run next time from that race (e.g. extended Tandem notes).

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.