Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS 1: Bug Reports (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   could not load the ZIP routines (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5526)

bet2windo 04-21-2009 07:12 AM

could not load the ZIP routines
 
got this error message when i tried to start RDSS:
could not load the ZIP routines.
tip:if using windows vista, you need to be an administrator, rather than a standard user. try uninstalling then doing a full reinstall of RDSS(use your rdss install package to uninstall.)RDSS is stopping now.
i have RDSS on a core 2 duo notebook with windows xp.

Ted Craven 04-21-2009 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fred,

The answer is that Windows probably recently automatically updated – and knocked out the registration of the ZIP routines with Windows. This happens regularly enough that I supplied the notice you cited as to how to fix it (i.e. uninstall/re-install, OR check to be sure you are running as Administrator, if Vista).

Before doing that, however, try this other fix (also supplied for the same purpose): on your RDSS folder, find the file named REGDLL.BAT (a Windows Batch File). Double-click it to run it. If it succeeds, you’ll see a message as follows:


Attachment 15968


Try RDSS again to see if the ZIP library works now. If not, then go ahead and uninstall then reinstall.

Let me know how it works. Next version will use a ZIP library which Windows cannot tamper with during its periodic updates. :mad:

Yours,

Ted

winning 07-20-2009 06:15 PM

Message says could not load zip routines
 
Hi Ted,

I got a message says could not load zip routines.
My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks,

Brian

Ted Craven 07-20-2009 07:49 PM

Brian,

My fix for ZIP routine problems seems to have been only partly effective (and partly worse, for some folks... :(). But I now understand more:

Please go to your c:\windows\system32 folder and look for a file named XceedZip.dll. If you find it, please rename it to something else (e.g. Xceedzip.dl_). Now reload RDSS (you may have to do it twice).

Please let me know if this solves the problem. I am planning another update this week, and I will further address this ZIP routine problem.

The above suggestion is the current workaround.

Ted

winning 07-21-2009 08:25 PM

Rdss loads fine now.
 
Hi Ted,

I did the workaround you suggested.
I loaded Rdss the first time and got an error message.
Then I loaded one more time and it's fine now. I'm in the
EMD tournament this Sunday, So I wanted to make sure I
can download the races ok.


Thanks a lot for your help.

Brian


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.