Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Surface & Mode Changes (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5503)

bobp 04-15-2009 08:38 AM

Surface & Mode Changes
 
Ted, Is there a way to change Turf races to dirt when the turf races are taken off the due to weather and xhanged to the dirt track or should one just use whatever dirt races are available.

Also I am currently using Val 4 mode. If I change to !60 mode, due all my races have to be re hadicapped that I would like to compare from a mode standpoint??

I apologize if I palced this in the wrong thread, but Rdss frorm would not let me post.

Bobp

Ted Craven 04-15-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobp (Post 52459)
Ted, Is there a way to change Turf races to dirt when the turf races are taken off the due to weather and xhanged to the dirt track or should one just use whatever dirt races are available.

Also I am currently using Val 4 mode. If I change to !60 mode, due all my races have to be re hadicapped that I would like to compare from a mode standpoint??

I apologize if I palced this in the wrong thread, but Rdss frorm would not let me post.

Bobp

Bob,

(I moved this Topic from where you originally posted it.)

You cannot change today's surface or distance yet. Next version. For off turf situations, just use non-turf lines, if available.

If you change from Val4 to Spec160 mode, the next time you open a previously worked race it will open in Spec mode. However, if you had been using Spec mode previously, it is possible you would have made some different paceline choices. So, to that extent, you may wish to rework some of them to see how you would have done it in the new mode. It is possible some ranks of some factors may change and your model making may be affected.

In the long run, you should pick one mode and stick there. On the other hand, your models should probably be short term ones, so it won't take too long to accumulate info on your track(s) in Spec mode. Anyway, I don't think model info will change too dramatically. I think the most important things to track are BL/BL, VDC, E/L and Total Energy.

You should be able to continue posting in this thread now.

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.