Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS 1: Bug Reports (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tote Issue (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5371)

RichieP 03-13-2009 05:16 PM

Tote Issue
 
1 Attachment(s)
Ted
There is 1 mtp for the ninth at Sunland and the tote feed is still locked into the 8th from there.

ok

Ted Craven 03-17-2009 01:06 PM

I heard from one other user about this very race and situation. For them, closing and reloading RDSS did the trick, however this may have masked the more likely culprit - namely an interruption of the totestream itself from Brisnet Supertote, which is an issue outside of RDSS' control. A way to confirm if this is the problem is to open Supertote up in a normal web browser to the same track and watch if the odds change in Supertote in your browser display, yet do not change in RDSS. I have not yet had any reports of this latter situation, though.

In fact, the RDSS ToteBrowser is just another (MS Internet Explorer based) browser, without the familiar front-end of IE (i.e. it has a customized front-end). So if a normal browser like IE or Firefox shows the tote flowing, I would expect RDSS to do so as well. And if not, then also not. Etc.

I hope that is the solution (re flow of totestream). There is an issue of the mutuel results not showing up automatically sometimes on the last race of the day (just click manually on Mutuel Results).

Ted

bobp 04-20-2009 07:44 AM

super tote
 
Ted. are you saying it is best to open Super tote with your browser?

It opens ok in Rdss when I click on but then disaappears when going back to Rdsss to go over the selections and will not come back up.???

I might try using the lap top for the tote ptrogram
only and the Pc for Rdss. ???

What might this user being doing wrong??

BobP

Ted Craven 04-20-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobp (Post 52666)
Ted. are you saying it is best to open Super tote with your browser?

It opens ok in Rdss when I click on but then disaappears when going back to Rdsss to go over the selections and will not come back up.???

I might try using the lap top for the tote ptrogram
only and the Pc for Rdss. ???

What might this user being doing wrong??

BobP

Bob,

To get odds from Supertote within RDSS, you have to EITHER open it within RDSS, login to Supertote then close it (per this instructions message which pops up), OR login in to Supertote in your external MS Internet Explorer browser (not Firefox, Opera, Safara or any other browser).

Whether you keep Supertote open to look at it in your browser is up to you, but if you want the odds to stream into RDSS you have to open it once per day as instructed above.

When you open it within RDSS, yes it does close that Supertote browser window when you return to RDSS - this is only for estasblishing a connection. Open Supertote in your normal web browser if you want to continue to look at it (e.g. for scratches, results, weather - or to double-check what RDSS' Totebrowser is telling you).

Hope that helped.

Ted

bobp 04-20-2009 11:53 AM

Bill posted on the Tote somewhere before. can you locate that one again. thanks so much.

Bobp

pilot 04-26-2009 10:41 PM

Using Supertote
 
Hi in order for me ,to use the supertote do I need to be downloading the monthly subscriptions for it to work. Thanks pilot

Ted Craven 04-26-2009 10:51 PM

Hi Pilot.

No, you don't need the monthly TrackMaster data subscription. You just need an account with Brisnet, which offers Supertote. You don't need to pay for Supertote, but you do need to provide Brisnet with a credit card and your identity, or other means to pay them if you buy any of their other products.

In the future, however, you will need to subscribe to the TrackMaster Charts+PP data plan to use the RDSS toteboard.

Ted

Tanico 04-26-2009 10:54 PM

Hi Pilot, from the Bris site all you need is a free registration to use Supertote. You don't have to buy anything from them just register your free account with them and log in from within RDSS on the link on the opening page at the bottom.

Good luck,

Tanico

Tanico 04-26-2009 10:55 PM

OPPS , sorry Ted, I was writing my reply while you were answering the question I guess

Tanico

pilot 04-26-2009 11:09 PM

Hi Thanks for the info, it looked like it was going to work, but I live in the CDT and Mountaineer is in the EDT. it said 99 mtp. I opened it the first time with my browser and it was saying 7 mtp. Pilot


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.