Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hello just a thought, re Black Magic (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5357)

stormbringer 03-11-2009 02:03 AM

Hello just a thought, re Black Magic
 
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] I BOUGHT THE BLACK MAGIC IT WORKRD WELLBUT THE GUY THAT SOLD IT TO ME TOLD ME STRANGE STORY OF HOWARD SARTIN. THE MORE HE TALKED WHAT HE SAID WAS BULL **** .
HE SAYS THING ABOUT HOWARD SARTIN I KNOW FOR A FACT IS A BOLD FACED LIE. HE MADSE FUN OF ALL AND CALLED US A BOUNCH ****'EN LOOSER

Bill V. 03-11-2009 03:00 AM

Hi Storm
 
I would not worry about it. The man wanted to make a sale.
He did, The fact that he had to knock Howard Sartin
and all users of the Methodology, saying they were all losers
is just a reflection of the sellers ignorance

There are many reasons why some people do well
and some people fail

Doc's goal was always to have 1000 winning clients
I don't think he ever reached that goal
It was not the fault of him or his programs. Some tried it for awhile
found that it was not what they wanted and moved on.
One reason some people fail is that some people want just want things to fail
This mans attitude sounds like he has personal issues. These issues
make him live in a lonely place. He wants company.

Bill

Ted Craven 03-11-2009 06:45 AM

Storm (and any other Black Magic + RDSS users),

It would be interesting to hear of a few races where BLAM/RDSS readouts converged, and also a few where they diverged (either BLAM pointed to a wager which RDSS didn't, or vice versa).

I know there's more to BLAM than race analysis - e.g. data management tools - but since RDSS is currently weak in that area, I'd be interested in the analysis bit.

Ted

Profiler8 03-11-2009 10:34 AM

Hello Ted,

as you know, I am a User of Black Magic. It has some really nice features of data management. You can make track profiles for nearly all tracks, when you have the unlimited data plan. This is really useful. Well, I think the readouts are very different. I have tried to use BLAM with RDSS and had not much success. A positive pattern was, when RDSS has an outisder on top and BLAM as well. But my test was too short. At the moment I have taken a break from BLAM, because I had not the time to use it. When I resume to use it, I will report.

Some months ago, I read a big article about Sartin in the Meadows Racing Monthly. Well, there were some negavtive comments about the person. I did not believe that, because there were not really facts with evidence in my opinion.

In my opinion the Sartin Method was a revolution in handicapping and has today a big potential as well. I think not many methods can say this after nearly 20 years.

Greetings
Tim

JimG 03-17-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 49962)
Storm (and any other Black Magic + RDSS users),

It would be interesting to hear of a few races where BLAM/RDSS readouts converged, and also a few where they diverged (either BLAM pointed to a wager which RDSS didn't, or vice versa).

I know there's more to BLAM than race analysis - e.g. data management tools - but since RDSS is currently weak in that area, I'd be interested in the analysis bit.

Ted

Over time I have used both as well and this would truly be an apples to oranges comparison. Both are dependent on pace line (form cycle) choice and can vary within their own programs depending on user input. I do not think any conclusions could be drawn due to their vast differences. Personally, I would have no inclination to use both at the same time. Both are great software tools, just very different.

Jim


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.