Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Long Shot Detector (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5081)

Bill V. 01-23-2009 07:49 PM

Long Shot Detector
 
For the glossary

This readout did not make it to RDSS
I often break out Validator 4 to see how this readout is doing.
It never lets me down Long Shot Detector
The horse that Overcame the pace of its pace line race best
Even if it was a slow pace

Bill
http://www.paceandcap.com/library/Glossary/LSD.jpg

shoeless 01-23-2009 09:17 PM

interesting thanks

tom 01-23-2009 11:57 PM

Thanks, Bill....I did not know that what that LSP was!
Must have missed that discussion.

shoeless 01-24-2009 10:09 AM

Bill,Do you know if this is discussed in any of the FU'S.Jeff

fasthorses 01-24-2009 10:17 AM

Bill,

Could you please define or describe and/or give an example(s) what "over came the pace of its pace line race" means?

Bill V. 01-24-2009 12:55 PM

fast, shoe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fasthorses (Post 47430)
Bill,

Could you please define or describe and/or give an example(s) what "over came the pace of its pace line race" means?

Quote:

What Follow Ups ???


That is a interesting question .
To be honest No I can't explain "Overcame the pace of its last race"
Not saying it that this description is not true, it is strait from Doc's One On One video seminar tapes but I myself have no idea how the readout is caluculated. Its a chaos formula that first appears
in Quad Rater It is very much part of Synthesis and PL4. In those programs
there was a great graphic screen called Vector , that graphicly showed the moves against the pace of race and the ratings
Sorry to say I have no clue as to the whys of how the readout works

I can show examples of how horses with nothing else going for them
except a good readout in LSD win or place at great prices
I will gladly do that as soon as I get a chance later.
I can not explian the dynamics that make this rating
I prefer to just look read and react

Jeff Off the top of my head I would say Follow up 40 -55
would be your best start I will look when I get home

Thanks

Bill

fasthorses 01-29-2009 08:15 AM

shoeless - Starting on page 62 of FU 45 (also discussed elsewhere on this site) is a discussion about longshots in the context of POH and POR. I believe this may be a partial answer to your question.

I think this article is also helpful and is a small step towards answering my question of Bill V in this thread but for the life of me I still can't get my arms around the phrases "best overcame the pace they ran against" and "over came the pace of its pace line race".

One could argue, I guess, that it's the horse that won or had the closest finish in its paceline race but that seems too simplistic and, considering that pace of the race is defined as not being significant for this purpose, of dubious merit in my mind. Perhaps it means the fastest finish or something else. After reading pages 62 - 67 does anybody have some greater insight into this?

Tim Y 01-29-2009 02:35 PM

WITHOUT the long shot detector evaluating the paces horses ran against, you have much less of an evaluation platform to go on.

I look at it EVERY RACE

fasthorses 01-29-2009 03:10 PM

Tim, I can't disagree with your argument but, on the other hand, I believe there is merit in having a good understanding of concepts behind what the program is telling us.

I think virtually every visitor to this site has at least some insight into the implications of horses that ran against the fastest pace relative to their competitors. I find it strange that none of us (at least so far) can offer an explanation of what "best overcame the pace they ran against" means and the implications it has for understanding races.

shoeless 01-29-2009 05:51 PM

Fasthorses,Thanks for the info.I used to have Quad Rater which was based on this but my computer crashed and I lost it.Im very interested in horses coming out of fast paced races.Shoeless


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.