![]() |
Sunday, January 4, 2009
AQU, first race.
I really don't like this race. But the 3 is favored and while twice claimed recently for 35K, it's in for 30K today. It's last four races have all been for the 35K tag, as if neither trainer thought enough to attempt to even try a higher level within the mandatory 30 day period. But I have it on top, tied in BL with a horse listed at 12/1 ML and presently at 4/1. That one, the 6, was winless over 2008 however. Third rank goes to the 1 horse who is also 4/1 now. Probably will split the ticket between the 1 and the 6, but just token bets. |
Hi everyone,
Turfway Park the third proably the 7 and 8-5. Difficult to split them. The 7 has a good early advantage. 8-5 depends on the price. |
This game will keep one humble. After striking out on the first race, I went back to check the ratings on the winner. It wasn't there, yet my notes said I had picked line 4 as its pace line (the last was on a sloppy track, so I took the best of the previous three).
When I noticed that, I checked the line again and damned if the 20-1 winner wasn't right on top. Either I hid the wrong horse, or didn't click the line in the first place after writing it down. Note to self - always double-check, it's your money on the line. On to the fourth race. I've got a 5/2 and a 17-1 tightly ranked with both well ahead of the third contender. Those are the 3 and 7 horses respectively. |
I'm sick :(
I made a 3 horse O.T.E. win/place parlay for $3.00 units with the bookie here as all 3 are bombs on the morning line Aqu 4th - #6 Tampa 5th- #5 Aqu 7th - #8 4th at aqu wins @23.40/10.40 5th at tampa runs 2nd at 12/1 for $12.00 place price #8 wins the 7th at aqu at 7/1 (singled him in the aqu p4 contest at P.A.) and gets dq'd all the way to 3rd to bust my parlay he stays up and it is over 5-6 bills for me on a lark bet. No good so and so :confused: |
Quote:
But I'd gladly have lost my 20 bucks if it would have won you a buncha thousands. |
Quote:
As for the 5th at TAM, you should've posted something. I thought Vanquisher was a lock and was very happy to get 8:5. The exacta came back $66.00 with your horse. :eek: |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.