Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   APV Questions (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4348)

Turbulator 08-10-2008 05:29 AM

APV Questions
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi, guys. I have some questions about how APV is derived.

Thanks.

[By the way, I figured out why my images were so small. I was saving them as png. These are jpg. Which is best? jpg, bmp, gif, etc. I notice they are pretty big now. Maybe they are larger than you would like.]

Charlie D 08-10-2008 08:06 AM

Hi Turbulator


From another thread http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/sho...?t=2242&page=2

Quote:

Yellow Manual discussing APV. Further, if you consult Folow Up Issue #5, Page 7, (e.g. in the Pace and Cap Library), Dick Schmidt discusses a revised calculation for Class/APV.

dodeca 08-10-2008 10:26 AM

Hi , APV is derived from this years starts. In your example it looks like 0 wins in 14 starts. The formula I know substitutes 1 win for the 0 win to penanlize the horse.
Back in the late eighties I attended one of Bob Cochrans workshops. In his version of the class and apv rating you had the option to subtract 20% from the rating for state bred races, giving the horse a more realistic rating when competing in open company.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.