![]() |
WIR Move
I have read about this move before (ebook from ProPace Handicapping, I think). Looking at calibration handicapping site sounds like same stuff. Does anybody remember the specifics of this angle?
|
David,
My understanding is that WIR (workout-within-a-race) was early on documented by Jerry Stokes and included and perhaps elaborated upon by Jim Lehane in his Calibration Handicapping book. Perhaps it is in the public domain from the ProPace Handicapping document you refer to, but it is certainly well documented along with other 'moves' on page 78 of Jim's book. Out of respect to Jim, my strong recommendation to you would be to order his book and read it several times. Definitely belongs on any pro's bookshelf. You'll then have an understanding and examples of the WIR and several related moves. Since he's put it in print, you can certainly implement it in your own work with full understanding of the details, but I think it's a good idea to credit the source. Ted |
'll second Ted's thoughts........
Calibration Handicapping is one of the most helpful books I have read. Jim is a stand up guy and one of the best cappers I know. If you have any questions on the book, just ask, He answers in depth. Cecil |
I'll third Ted's thoughts, CH is one of the best handicapping primers that I have come across. Highly recommended.
|
Dcox,Im sure if you go back to the writings of Taulbot,Matheson and Mahl you will find many things there that sounds like things you see written now.CH is really a great addition to anyones handicapping library.Jeff
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.