Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Adjusted projected pace (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279)

RichieP 12-28-2007 08:59 AM

Adjusted projected pace
 
Morning Ted
How far off are we from seeing the option of projecting pace on top and having the lines light up using the TM data?

Richie

Ted Craven 12-28-2007 09:33 AM

Richie,

If I understand you correctly, it has been doing that since the Summer.

1. create an initial Projected Pace by clicking on existing call times as usual. This lights up call times meeting or exceeding the selected pace for a given call.

2. In the dropdown Projected pace edit up top, adjust the initial pace by selecting a different time (up to +- 2 seconds).

3. The colours on the call times change to reflect your adjusted Projected Pace.

Did I understand your query correctly?

Ted

RichieP 12-28-2007 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ted

ok I want to use 45.4 adjusted as my projected 2c pace for this race shown.

I went to raw and found a 45.4 and clicked on it. Now the shot attached shows it up in the box on top.

My question: is it possible without going nuts to have lines "marked" as usable for me on the adjusted tab when I software match? At the pace I gave above I would like any line ranging from 45.0 to 45.8 to be shown as one for "consideration".

I can see the ranges fine but after 3-4-5 hours the mind starts to fog/blur. THAT is where a computer aid would really help.

Hey I know you are busy readying the update so thanks for listening.

Ted Craven 12-28-2007 11:07 AM

Richie,

OK, now I get it. You mean projected pace on the Adjusted Screen, similar to colour coding of projected pace on the Raw Screen. That is still open, not necessary highly complex, but still involved. Let's see what happens during January...

(Thanks for the reminder. I was making a list of prioritized tasks remaining.)

Ted

mufasa 12-28-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 26876)
Richie,

OK, now I get it. You mean projected pace on the Adjusted Screen, similar to colour coding of projected pace on the Raw Screen. That is still open, not necessary highly complex, but still involved. Let's see what happens during January...

(Thanks for the reminder. I was making a list of prioritized tasks remaining.)

Ted


How could I not jump in here? Ted, if and when you allow the ability to limit or not the use of certain adjustment factors—like daily variants—this will get the adjusted times closer to what has been projected via raw times in the adjusted area.

It would be great from a Match Up point of view to be able to in one clean swoop get rid of Trackmaster adjustments for daily variant, track to track, and distance and/or use that which you want or portions thereof. It is best if it could be done for the entire card or race rather then per line and call times like with the Speculator 160, which in the end does not really work or is just too much trouble.

I know that the Doc did not want to give people too many options with the software but for some of us experimentation or the ability to come up with somewhat proprietary outputs because of preferred changes or not to the existing adjustment data/format presents exciting possibilities.

Thanks,

Robert

Ted Craven 12-28-2007 05:34 PM

Robert,

I'm getting there. Although I've got an update for this weekend, there will probably be several updates in January as bits and pieces that I've been working but which weren't quite ready for prime time by now, become ready.

One of them is just what you mention - control over adjustments, and while the Projected Pace on the Adjusted screen will take a bit longer, you're right that it does dovetail neatly with Richie's proposition and is way more fun that doing it in Spec160.

:)

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.