Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Export Data (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17847)

cigar 08-16-2026 05:09 PM

Export Data
 
1 Attachment(s)
Keep getting this error when selecting a race for download. This is getting frustrating when you want to analyse in real time. Anyone knows why?

DanBoals 08-17-2026 10:15 AM

Hi Cigar
I have used this before and it normally works.
Ted uses a third party piece of software to make programming RDSS easier
It is probably something in that 3rd party software that keeps breaking
This sounds klugey as hell, but you might want to reboot
I have had luck going into task manager and deleting the correct processes, but that is risky if you aren't used to doing it - easier to reboot

cigar 08-17-2026 10:29 AM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBoals (Post 160787)
Hi Cigar
I have used this before and it normally works.
Ted uses a third party piece of software to make programming RDSS easier
It is probably something in that 3rd party software that keeps breaking
This sounds klugey as hell, but you might want to reboot
I have had luck going into task manager and deleting the correct processes, but that is risky if you aren't used to doing it - easier to reboot

I've tried clearing cache memory, reboot. Sometime it work, yesterday was problematic.

57viking 08-17-2026 12:29 PM

I get that error when I try to download an export file for the second time. Is there already a file for the same track and same date in your model folder ? I just delete the existing file and it always works.

Jim

DanBoals 08-17-2026 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57viking (Post 160789)
I get that error when I try to download an export file for the second time. Is there already a file for the same track and same date in your model folder ? I just delete the existing file and it always works.
Jim

That is a clever idea
I always number my exports, so that would not have gotten me
Like I will name them EVD20260806-1, or EVD20260806-Turf, etc

Ted Craven 08-17-2026 05:54 PM

The most likely problem is the named export file is still open by some program, thus the overwrite function of a file fails. No external 3rd-party plug in is involved with that operation.

That would account for why the export succeeds when you delete the file, or reboot the computer - no other program or process has a lock on that file.

I don't know why that would happen normally, which is why I never checked for the operation's failure. If you opened the specific file in a text editor (but ... why?) it would fail similarly. Though, those .DAT files are designed to be used ONLY by RDSS so unless you have ANOTHER copy of RDSS running which is trying to write to the same file (i.e. highly unlikely) - I also don't understand.

If anyone has more explanations of what is happening on their computer when that error occurs, it might give me a clue to the problem. Otherwise, from the hundreds (thousands?) of times I tested that export and have used that export, I never encountered it. So, would like to know more, please ...

Ted

cigar 08-18-2026 11:00 AM

Appreciate the feedback - Thanks all
 
I duplicated exactly what i was doing Sunday and I had no issue. If it reoccur, i will try deleting the current download.

Ted I am running version 22.2025.05 (10/18/2025).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.