Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Races of Interest (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Nice Bread & Butter Ex HIT TP R6 2-28 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17559)

Lt1 02-26-2026 08:51 PM

Nice Bread & Butter Ex HIT TP R6 2-28
 
Decided to take a shot here despite having no model to work with & being only the 2nd time I ever looked at this trk. RDSS picks
R1 3-11-6-10-4 LS8 MDNS 2FTS
R2 5-11-12-1-7 LS8 LS10 MDNS 1FTS
R3 1-2-5-9-7
R4 3-5-6-8-9
R5 4-5-3-2-1 LS9 LS7
R6 9-8-6=5-10 LS2
R7 6-4-2-3-1 MDNS 1 FTS
R8 5-8-3-1-7 LS2 LS6
R9 5-12-10-6-2 LS3
R10 10-7-12-9-5 MDNS 4FTS
GOOD LUCK
Tim
Winning TICKET
Feb 26 8:21:09 PM Complete Turfway Park 6 Exacta $2.00 6.8.9/5.6.8.9 $18.00 $73.86 $55.86
Winning Combo
6[$17.78] 8[5.46]
Tim

DELMARGRANT 02-26-2026 09:02 PM

Nice hit race 6 exacta and at a track you never really play. Simply excellent!


$73.86

Lt1 02-26-2026 11:29 PM

Thanks Grant but I did no real capping. All I did was change some pls I disagreed with. RDSS did the rest.
Tim

dirty moose 02-27-2026 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 159022)
Thanks Grant but I did no real capping. All I did was change some pls I disagreed with. RDSS did the rest.
Tim

Hey Tim!

What are the most common reasons you change a pace line?

Matt

Lt1 02-27-2026 06:47 AM

Hi Matt. I try not to use off trk lines[irks are usually sealed], lifetime best sr on older horses[5 & up]. any line that has a sr higher then5 pts more then any other showing in the pps[ except if is the last race run by a 3 or 4 yr old]. races with weird tvs.
Tim

dirty moose 02-28-2026 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 159025)
Hi Matt. I try not to use off trk lines[irks are usually sealed], lifetime best sr on older horses[5 & up]. any line that has a sr higher then5 pts more then any other showing in the pps[ except if is the last race run by a 3 or 4 yr old]. races with weird tvs.
Tim

This is the good stuff! What about layoffs? WIll you use a layoff line if the horse has something more recent? Example; line 1 is 23 days back, line 2 is 245 days back. line 2 is the much better line than like 1

Lt1 02-28-2026 11:04 AM

Hi Matt. That would depend ie is the horse a contender etc also does the line meet what I will accept etc. I have gone back as line 10 on horses as long as I have just cause. I would however recommend that most folks stay within the guidelines until they are winning. I do things based on yrs of capping & complete confidence in doing it.
Tim

dirty moose 03-01-2026 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 159039)
Hi Matt. That would depend ie is the horse a contender etc also does the line meet what I will accept etc. I have gone back as line 10 on horses as long as I have just cause. I would however recommend that most folks stay within the guidelines until they are winning. I do things based on yrs of capping & complete confidence in doing it.
Tim

Thank you Tim! I'd love to see a training video where you go thru a card picking pacelines and explaining why you pick one pace line over another. I really think this is where some edge lies.

Thank you again

Lt1 03-01-2026 04:29 PM

Maybe we could one done with Teds' help.
Tim


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.