Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How to use RDSS using a MAC computer. (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17270)

1retired 08-04-2025 05:24 PM

How to use RDSS using a MAC computer.
 
Hi guys,

I've been away from the board for almost 3 years. I just bought a new MAC computer that has Windows and Google Chrome installed on it. I understand that you have to go through a few hoops in order to use a MAC with RDSS. I'd appreciate it if another member who also uses a MAC on board gets in to the RDSS system would call me back and let me know what I have to do to get in.

Ted Craven 08-05-2025 04:56 PM

Welcome back 1retired! I set you up with RDSS and sent you a bunch of emails and a PM. I do hope some of the Mac users here can guide you further. As mentioned, my only advice would be -- download and install RDSS on the Windows partition of your Mac, register RDSS (temporarily using the COMP account) - enjoy! Also read/watch all the documentation and videos about the new version!

If there are nuances - I'm sure folks will chime in!

Ted

The Pook 08-06-2025 03:26 PM

Windows doesn’t run natively on the Mac. You either have Parallels Desktop or some free emulator. I used Parallels for years with Windows 10 and it was fine until they developed the M1 silicon chip. That with RDSS in Windows 11 through Parallels has been disappointing. So much so that I gave up and got a PC just for RDSS.

To be honest in Windows 11 natively on a PC, RDSS hasn’t been great. Something about Windows 11 or RDSS itself? By not great I mean sluggish screen changes and generally slow processing. Better than on a new Mac….but.

Mike

pianoman 08-22-2025 11:42 AM

How to use RDSS using a MAC computer. I run VMware Fusion with my iMac and/or MacBook


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.