Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RDSS / TwinSpires Problem Again! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16106)

Ted Craven 10-02-2023 01:16 PM

RDSS / TwinSpires Problem Again!
 
This morning it looks like RDSS is not able to connect to TwinSpires to get TS Ratings, Tote, Scratches or Mutuel results. RDSS appears to stall, with Windows giving a '(not responding)' message while RDSS waits to hear from the TwinSpires site.

The quick solution is to start RDSS, wait 60 seconds (count to 60) for RDSS to regain control, then immediately go to the Configure Screen and UNCHECK both the Tote/Scratches and TS Ratings boxes, Save, then restart RDSS. RDSS will resume normal operations but without that data.

For those of you wanting the TS Ratings (Prime Power and ProfitLine), you can get these manually from TwinSpires by clicking on the TwinSpires button on the RDSS Desktop.


Please read the rest of this thread for further information. I will issue an update to finally solve this as soon as I can (expect January).


Ted

Ted Craven 10-02-2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginag2 (Post 152503)
Ted -

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginag2 (Post 152503)

Can't get through to the Configure tab to try and elim Twin Spires data access - after hour-glass spinning for about a minute - it simply goes back to the page from which I tried to access Configure. - Gary

Most people I've corresponded with this morning are able to at least load RDSS to get to the Configure Tab to make the changes I advised. However, if you cannot load up RDSS to the main Desktop screen, close RDSS then go to the Configure file and make the changes there, outside RDSS.

The file is located here (use your Windows File Explorer): c:\Rdss22\Configure\Configure.ini. Open this file in a text editor by double-clicking it. Search for the following terms (found within the [General] section):


//Tote/Scratch Retrieval: ON=1 OFF=0
Tote_enabled=0

//TS Ratings/Scratch Retrieval: ON=1 OFF=0
TS_ratings_enabled=0


If the value following the = sign is a 1, change them both to a 0 (i.e. OFF).

Save the file, close it, then restart RDSS.


Note: if your Configure file does not HAVE these 2 terms (an older/long-standing Configure file setup), you will have to add them. With the Configure.ini file open, look for the line reading [General]. On a line AFTER that line (i.e. within the General Settings group) add the 2 lines above (e.g. copy and paste the lines above to your Configure file).


Ted

ginag2 10-02-2023 03:36 PM

Now working fine (as of 3:15 p.m.) - thanks. - Gary

bet2windo 10-02-2023 05:25 PM

Thanks Ted,
It seems to be working ok.

Ted Craven 10-03-2023 01:07 AM

Update ...
 
TwinSpires has changed something about how it provides data which RDSS has been accessing :( (PrimePower and ProfitLine Ratings, tote data, Scratches). Today, I did a number of tests with the API which RDSS uses to access this TS data. I developed several questions which I put to the technical support of the tool provider I use within RDSS (NOT TwinSpires) to access and process website data (they are much more proficient than I am at this stuff).

I expect feedback tomorrow Tuesday which I hope will give me some clues about what is changed and how to fix it.

To be clear - I get NO technical support from TwinSpires: they are free to change their own website access for programs (API) whenever they wish and are not working with any 3rd parties (like RDSS) for direct access to their data.

I will report here on my progress. Meanwhile, everyone can continue using RDSS in the traditional way without TwinSpires Ratings by switching off those ratings within RDSS as described above. A reminder - you can still get those Prime Power and ProfitLine ratings if you want them by going directly to TwinSpires via the TwinSpires button on the RDSS Desktop; you will have to integrate them into RDSS manually as best you can.

Very sorry (and annoyed) this is happening (again)! But, we take what we get.

Ted

Lee Adams 10-03-2023 08:30 AM

I get not responding no matter where I try and click (configure). been this way since 4 am EST 10/3.
lee adams

Ted Craven 10-03-2023 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Adams (Post 152512)
I get not responding no matter where I try and click (configure). been this way since 4 am EST 10/3.
lee adams


Lee, please see post #2 above.


Ted

Ted Craven 10-04-2023 02:44 PM

Update 10/4
 
TwinSpires has obviously made some change to their site such that previously functioning hits for data (Tracks, Ratings, Scratches, Tote Data) no longer work from within RDSS. Though, the same hits from within a browser DO still work fine. It's as if they intended to prevent non-browser access to their data ...

I have consulted several technical sources for assistance but that has not been fruitful so far. I am prepared to spend more time researching and sleuthing solutions myself before giving up and concluding that all those resources are no longer accessibly by RDSS. This will take a little time though.

Meanwhile - all the data is clearly still there, and doesn't require any TwinSpires account or login. Just use the TwinSpires button on the RDSS Desktop and pick the track and race you want. Agreed - the data is so much less accessible than after RDSS processes it :(. TwinSpires has never promised any support for this kind of access - we were always just respectfully helping ourselves ...

Remember - if you run into 'not responding' or 'stalling' problems in RDSS, just turn OFF TwinSpires access in the Config Screen per the advice further above. Then you'll be back in business, just minus the stuff we've been getting from TwinSpires.

Ted

dlivery 10-04-2023 04:26 PM

Thanks for the update
Let’s keep the rdss alive.

stormbringer 10-04-2023 11:25 PM

ted!!!
 
Thanks for all you do with out you we would not have rdss If I can help you in any way I will JUST SAY THE WORD.

STORM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.