Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Travers (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16017)

Tim Y 08-23-2023 07:56 PM

Travers
 
With such an evenly balanced field, exotics seem to be the best way to approach that race.

I recall the last time all three Triple Crown winners got together and the gray, Runaway Groom mowed them all down late. Frank Wright (on the CBS telecast) as they were in the post parade; "this one is a tremendous stretch runner."

On Conquistador Cielo: "There is nothing physically apparent with him to give rise to all the rumors. I don't know why the 4 wraps were added. That is not a Woodby Stephens."

Gato Del Sol has lost his form

Aloma's Ruler; "just a scant three weeks ago this one was treated with antibiotics for a throat infection and was doubtful he would make this race."

Tim Y 08-25-2023 07:31 PM

If the track is anywhere close to the slop of today, PACE colts all move up

Mr.Pagine 08-26-2023 09:25 AM

Travers Day
 
1 Attachment(s)
I will miss this race, as I will be attending the Bala Pig Roast with family and friends.
I think National Treasure is too late, and I would not sleep on Scotland in your exotics.

Best of luck, and don't forget to cash!!

Jon

Tim Y 08-26-2023 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Y (Post 152227)
If the track is anywhere close to the slop of today, PACE colts all move up

so far (6th) there appears to be NO BIAS

Tim Y 08-26-2023 11:09 PM

The ride on Forte was downright amateurish.

Holdalltickets 08-28-2023 01:09 PM

Personally I thought the race stunk. The track wasn't fast. So what was Irad doing backing off to last on a :48 half (24 3/5). I threw out National Treasure( he's just not there as a racehorse), Scotland. Wasn't crazy about Mage(though he has speed, overrated), Disarm to me is a Grade 3 horse caliber. So what's left? A Forte/Archangelo exotic.

This years 3 yr old crop was weak. When Grade 2-3 horses can beat Grade 1's earlier in the year that raises my eyebrows. This race should have been a repeat of the Belmont. Irad must have thought he was on Zenyatta or the horse had an accelerator pedal. Very disappointed in results


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.