Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Question about using 20 race cycle forms (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11196)

Bill S 06-12-2017 03:22 PM

Question about using 20 race cycle forms
 
I would like to start using the 20 race cycle form, but I'm a bit confused with how it should be filled out and used.

I understand that for each race played you put the price of the winner on the appropriate column for the tier level it was on in BL/BL. You circle that number if you bet on that horse and it won. I also understand where you put the word "missed" on the form if a horse won that was not one of your contenders. I also understand that you write "favorite" on the form if a low odds horse you did not bet due to low price wins.

What confuses me is sometimes I see someone write "passed" on the form.

Why would you add that to the form? You passed the race and did not play it. It should not have any bearing on your wagering. Did Dr. Sartin have people do that so he could see if they were adequately passing races instead of playing them all?, or is there a valid reason for writing it on the form?

Thanks in advance

Bill V. 06-13-2017 09:15 PM

Hi
 
Doc had a wide-ranging set of client's Not everybody had the same ability ,
Doc wanted to know what races his clients were passing,
He actually asked use to write passed and also write in the winners mutual,
If your 20 race cycle had a few passes with less than 5/2 final odds for the winner, He was pleased, If he saw a race with a double digit winner but the sheet said pass, He would want to know why ,
Many of the 20 race forms you see in the follow up are mine and a few other members of pace and cap, In my case I would send him my completed sheets by mail.Then call him, about a week later. He would review the races with me, He wanted to see me learn to pass more races but not become timid.

mick 06-13-2017 09:48 PM

Thanks, Bill V.

I've asked myself the same question as Bill S. Now I know.

Bill S 06-14-2017 07:28 PM

Thanks Bill. I kind of figured that's why that was done. I read him talking about people not passing races. He even put a two part article in the FU called "The art of passing races". That's a good article and I learned a lot from reading it.

Thanks again! That cleared up a lot for me.

Bill S 06-14-2017 07:36 PM

And thanks for your RDSS 2.1 glossary Mick. I printed it out on a color laser printer and I reference it all the time. A great piece of documentation.

carlous21 07-15-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 110423)
Thanks, Bill V.

I've asked myself the same question as Bill S. Now I know.

thanks for the Glossary Mick. Summary screen FTS mean first time starter.

mick 07-15-2017 10:00 AM

You're welcome. I'm glad that you've found the Glossary helpful. And yes, carlous21, "FTS" means first time starter. I've wondered if Ted puts the count in RED to alert you not to play those races. :-)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.