Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hat Check - How Can We Help You? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Fighters and their power (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3414)

RichieP 02-02-2008 09:06 AM

Fighters and their power

3 Attachment(s)
Hat has always emphasized these guys to me with the multi-call ones being extra powerful.

Amazing how this remains prominent in his mind when teaching while virtually everything else "evolves" into other things.

From the bullring at Charlestown last night here is an example.

This winner is also a complete lone early being the ONLY horse in the race to have the lead at first call in a sprint structure. The ONLY one.

Look what happens when there is nobody to fight the guy TODAY. Check the result chart.

Screenshots:

1) pp's of the winner
2) my contender "look"
3) result chart

tom 02-02-2008 10:40 AM

Great angel, Richie - I love horses who are 1-hd, 2-hd, etc. over 1 - 5, 1-7.....horses that fight and keep going have heart.

VoodooFan 02-03-2008 12:31 AM

Thanks for RE-inforcing this MatchUp priciple, Rich.

I think some of these should be re-EN-FORCED, until the pattern is engraved like stone in the brain.

I also like the way you put it :

1) prominent 1st

2) "evolves" into other things.

Very interesting thinking process and Modus Operendi.

VoodooFan

hdcper 02-03-2008 01:15 AM

Richie,

Would you mind posting a few before race examples of this concept with screen shots?

I for one, would like to see this concept in action,

Bill

emilio840 02-03-2008 03:19 AM

Hi Richie. What mental adjustment do you make for the first call at CT when you are matching with horses that come from other tracks. I know that Ct has a 2 turn sprint races. (IS 23.1 FIRST CALL CONSIDERED REALLY REALLY FAST AT CT)

At Churchill I usually give a mental adjustment of 2 ticks for sprints that seem to be really fast at the first call.

emilio

RichieP 02-03-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilio840 (Post 28745)
Hi Richie. What mental adjustment do you make for the first call at CT when you are matching with horses that come from other tracks. I know that Ct has a 2 turn sprint races. (IS 23.1 FIRST CALL CONSIDERED REALLY REALLY FAST AT CT)

At Churchill I usually give a mental adjustment of 2 ticks for sprints that seem to be really fast at the first call.
emilio

Amazing you ask that Emilio. I have told Hat for months that a 23.0 first fraction at Charlestown sprint is lightning fast. Comparable to like a 22.0 at track like Philly etc.

So yea a 23.1 at the bullring is VERY fast.

I'm gonna put the whole race pp's up Emilio.

Take a peek at what I said in opening post about this winner being the ONLY horse to have taken the lead at the first call in ANY races showing at the sprint structure ok? Check the pp's.

REMEMBER this going forward amigo. You WILL come across it again.Potentially nice situation for us matchers. If we can grab 1/3 or even 1/4 at decent prices there is money.

Then factor in the fighting spirit he has shown.

RichieP 02-03-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdcper (Post 28744)
Richie,

Would you mind posting a few before race examples of this concept with screen shots?

I for one, would like to see this concept in action,
Bill

I'm gonna put the whole race pp's up.

Take a peek at what I said in opening post about this winner being the ONLY horse to have taken the lead at the first call in ANY races showing at the sprint structure ok? Check the pp's.

REMEMBER this going forward. You WILL come across it again. Then you can decide if it something that is valid to keep as a "tool" for your kit.

If it has value for you keep it. If not throw it away like yesterday's trash man.
:)

RichieP 02-03-2008 09:29 AM

Race pp's

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the pp's for the field that ran.

RichieP 02-03-2008 09:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
pp's for remainder of the field

RichieP 02-04-2008 11:23 AM

Deja voux all over again

4 Attachment(s)
Yesterday at Aqueduct there was ONE race and ONE horse on the card that was a complete lone early as described earlier.Another blowout occurs.

Gonna put up the full pp's for the race.

Then it is "No mas aqui".