Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matchup Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Punxsutawney Pook (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10054)

The Pook 02-05-2015 05:53 PM

Punxsutawney Pook

4 Attachment(s)
So the Pook went into his hole the day after Groundhog Day playing Sam Houston for the first time, going 0/4 as shown by the previous posts. Not so unusual but annoying being so close on a couple. Able to battle back somewhat over the last couple of days but still in the hole looking for a score to help me see my shadow.

Aqueduct Race 8 today had the potential with one of my selections going off at 40-1. The 8 horse was a Finger Lakes import which looked good to me from my MU perspective. Great power moves last out. I settled on the 8 and the 9. See attachments below. They battled down the stretch and I thought I had an $80 payoff!!! The @!$%%& #8 lost by the closest of noses to my other horse at 3-1. Check out the replay. Anybody with money on #8 had their heart in their mouth. Thought I had found what I was looking for and would not only be free of my burrow but would be closer to Cloud Nine. ........aw well did have the $26.20 place though and of course the win on the 9.

So out of my hole. Saw my shadow. Six more weeks of winter and lots of racing to come;)

Pook

Jeebs 02-05-2015 06:36 PM

Very nice Pook! Qualified for this weekend's $20k contest at Derby Wars. The MU netted me some good winners and place runners, sneaking in for 6th in the Super Q at Gulfstream.

The Pook 02-05-2015 06:41 PM

Thats awesome Jeebs! I don't know how some of you guys do it. I don't seem to do all that great in contests. But I will keep trying though. Good luck with that :D

Jeebs 02-05-2015 06:44 PM

It was a "lockdown" qualifier, so my picks had to be in by first post. My initial "gut" feelings paid off. If you get time, check out GP races 1 and 5. Don't look at results if you haven't already. Cap the races after scratches and see where you would have landed.

The Pook 02-05-2015 06:49 PM

I usually play GP but avoided it because it was sloppy today. I'll take a look at 1 and 5 and see anyway (without looking at results of course).

The Pook 02-06-2015 11:54 AM

Maidens on the slop and off turfs I wouldn't normally touch. Just for fun though:
(I haven't looked at results...I looked at the bottom of the result charts to get scratches and looked at other races to confirm track condition and off turf status)
I will post these picks, and my thinking, then look to see how I did.

Race 1
Contenders 7,10,11. Narrow to (10,11) because of sprinters present in a route so looking for OTE.

Race 5
Contenders 2,3. Same condition with sprinters as above but (2,3) are the only ones left that are bet worthy.

Pook

The Pook 02-06-2015 11:58 AM

Got Race 1 but not Race 5. You hit Race 5? Don't know how you landed on that one.

Pook