Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thoromation picks (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13034)

Michael 06-08-2020 12:49 PM

Thoromation picks

Hi All.
First time post.
With regards the thoromation races are there any that are better to use than others like claimers better than maidens and so on.
I have picked 4 races today going by the program and was wondering if I have done it right.
The races are.
Tamper bay race 1 picks would be5-6-4 five is the win bet for me.
2nd race I have 3-5 for forecast.
Thistledown
Race 1.
1-3-2 looks good for one with the others for forecast.
And lastly Laurel race 2
I have 2-9
Any input welcome as first time using this so anything could happen.
Is different from the UK but hopefully more profitable.

Regards.
Michael.

And

Lefty 06-29-2020 06:49 PM

Michael, just saw this. Have you read all the Follow-Ups regarding Thoromation? They are available in the library on this site. Plus as the Doc used to say, keep records. Wish you success.

Michael 06-30-2020 02:30 AM

Hi Lefty.
No I have not but am trying to go through them when I can.
Records I will start saving, as hadn't seen that bit so learnt something already.
I just thought I would test the waters with the prog just to see what would happen with my picks.
1st race I got a second, 2nd race got nothing.
Then at laurel 1st race managed to get the first two exacta paid 9.60 just missed the tri with my other pick getting fourth.
Then the 2nd race at laurel got nothing, but only doing these for learning and not backing them as yet,but it was nice to get a result from them. Thanks for looking though.

Mitch44 06-30-2020 07:17 AM

I would not recommend using Thoromation at all. It's a program that I once had and is not as good a program as the present day RDSS.

Today's RDSS will get more winners and contains Sartin later programs and Factors that were developed prior to his passing.

Mitch44

Michael 06-30-2020 07:53 AM

Have just signed up for a 3 month trial to see how I get on with it, but will still try with the older progs though

rmath 06-30-2020 11:18 AM

Michael

I have to agree TOTALLY with Mitch.
I used Thoromation for several years and won a lot of races, but RDSS is much better and easier to use.
Rmath

Ted Craven 06-30-2020 11:45 AM

Michael, welcome to RDSS :). Good luck getting started with it. If you want to compare RDSS to Thoromation, you can export data files to use in Thoro from RDSS (3 or 4-call formats, depending on which Thoro version you have).

But - I have to concur with the others: I too used Thoromation for many years and would not say it no longer works if you are quite familiar with it. I think RDSS will give you greater clarity and insight into any race, and will free you to spend more of your time working more races, passing the no value ones, and most importantly: creating good bets when they exist.

Ted

Michael 06-30-2020 01:13 PM

Thank you Ted