Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Maker's 46 review (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11893)

Jeebs 10-14-2018 02:41 PM

Maker's 46 review

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47334

Treated myself for my recent birthday and purchased a bottle of one of Mick's favorites, the Maker's 46 whiskey. Five Stars. Tasty and smooth. It's definitely a Kentucky bourbon to enjoy slowly.

mick 10-14-2018 07:14 PM

There you go, Tim! You're tasting the good life, my man. As I type this, I'm sipping some Maker's 46 myself. ;)

Jeebs 10-14-2018 08:55 PM

How you been? I see you've been traveling quite a bit. Hope the getting is good and that Keeneland has been profitable.

Jeebs 10-14-2018 09:14 PM

Talk about timing... My birthday present from my wife came today. I ended up getting a whiskey glass and soap a soapstone set. It's real nice. Can't wait to use it.

mick 10-15-2018 12:02 AM

It was a good week, Tim. Off the top of my head, I don't know my ROI but it was solid. I have to give credit to rdiam and his approach. He says let the program do what it does best, which is the handicapping, and you focus on finding good value bets. He's a trader on Wall Street and his brain has another gear. It's been fun. He and the tazzerbobo (aka Don E) are joining me in Lexington next week.

When you decide on a Keeneland trip, let me know. It's a long drive to the Maker's Mark Distillery but memorable. Woodford Reserve is closer and equally as historic. Can't remember the name of the creek but they've been making whiskey there since 1812. Ahhh, Kentucky. Beautiful women, great whiskey and fast horses.

Hope all is good with you and your family. And happy birthday!

Jeebs 10-15-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 118002)
It was a good week, Tim. Off the top of my head, I don't know my ROI but it was solid. I have to give credit to rdiam and his approach. He says let the program do what it does best, which is the handicapping, and you focus on finding good value bets. He's a trader on Wall Street and his brain has another gear. It's been fun. He and the tazzerbobo (aka Don E) are joining me in Lexington next week.

When you decide on a Keeneland trip, let me know. It's a long drive to the Maker's Mark Distillery but memorable. Woodford Reserve is closer and equally as historic. Can't remember the name of the creek but they've been making whiskey there since 1812. Ahhh, Kentucky. Beautiful women, great whiskey and fast horses.

Hope all is good with you and your family. And happy birthday!

Thanks, Mick. Have fun with the crew at Keeneland. I'll get there eventually.

mick 10-15-2018 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Time to open a new bottle. :)

Jeebs 10-15-2018 07:10 PM

I haven't seen Private Select around. I'm sure that it's wicked good as well.

barb craven 10-17-2018 11:38 PM

You're making me jealous. So far, all I can find up here is the regular Maker's Mark.
Belated Happy Birthday Tim. :):)
And Great work Mick.:):)

mick 10-18-2018 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barb craven (Post 118042)
You're making me jealous. So far, all I can find up here is the regular Maker's Mark.
Belated Happy Birthday Tim. :):)
And Great work Mick.:):)

Hi, Barb. When we were in Vancouver in August, that's all I could find, too. I think we should contact your Prime Minister and tell him that Canada needs Maker's 46. He seems like an agreeable sort. He might even have a drink with us.

Tim, the Private Select is cask strength, 110+ proof. It's strong, smooth and expensive, as in twice what the Maker's 46 costs. If an old friend hadn't given me the bottle, I doubt I would have ever tried it. As you know, I usually drink my bourbon neat, no ice or water, but Private Select required an ice cube to two. You're right though, it was wicked good. Those folks in Loretto, Kentucky make some fine whiskey.
Attachment 47356