Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Doc`s Birthday (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11336)

Bill V. 10-03-2017 10:58 AM

Doc`s Birthday

Happy Birthday Howard Sartin

We miss you , but your work will live on , You made us all so much better
You will never be forgotten

Love
Bill

carlous21 10-03-2017 01:10 PM

:):10::3::17: RIP my Mentor

Lt1 10-03-2017 01:29 PM

Happy birthday in heaven Doc. We are eternally in your debt for all you did for us.
Tim

darmar 10-03-2017 01:46 PM

happy birthday Doc

Happy Birthday to the man who changed my outlook on horse racing and life in general. Doc you are in my thoughts always and more so when I hit a big number - SA - race 4 - Sunday Oct. 1

Houndog 10-03-2017 03:22 PM

Happy Birthday Doc

Happy Birthday "Doc" Sartin. I am glad to have met you when you had the Seminars. Always a gentleman.

You will always be the "Guru" of Pace Handicapping to me. Thanks Doc.

Ted Craven 10-03-2017 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Warm thoughts and happy memories on this anniversary of Howard's birth!

Seems like a good time to post this photo I've had around for some time. Not sure if it has previously surfaced.

The man whose fertile imagination and desire to help others 'launched a thousand ships' of enquiry into thoroughbred race analysis! I am reminded of an old post at PaceAdvantage.com by Ron Tiller of HDW (Handicappers Data Warehouse), mapping out the apparent constellation of Handicapping authors/teachers. Always makes me smile :) (Keep reading to the bottom, re 'Connections' ... )

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonTiller (Post 97708)
Wow, all these names and programs are really confusing. How about a cheat sheet, in no particular order; here are some I know from personal experience:

Gary Hall..........Allways
(Pedigree: unknown to me)

John Marrone..........Multicaps
(Pedigree: worked for a short time at Cynthia Publishing; worked with Ron Ambrose at the Handicappers Institute in Las Vegas; currently works at BRIS as a programmer; ex-marine)

Jim the Hat Bradshaw..........AOdds Gold, Silver, Platinum, Beryllium, etc.
(Pedigree: Sartin group; wrote what looks like a self published book 'The Matchup' (or something like that) after the demise of the Sartin group)

Dick Mitchell..........All In One
(Pedigree: Founded Cynthia Publishing; one of the most successful and prolific handicapping authors; mathematics teacher)

Tom Hambleton..........Win Formula, TPR95
(Pedigree: Sartin group; coauthor of Pace Makes the Race, 1st and 2nd edition; formerly worked at HDW; friends with Michael Perry, his programmer)

Michael Perry..........ThoroVision, Win Formula, TPR95
(Pedigree: Deceased; Professional programmer; wrote Thorovision with Bill Burns and TPR95 and Win Formula with Tom Hambleton)

Gordon Pine..........The Capper
(Pedigree: Worked for years at Cynthia Publishing)

Bob Purdy..........Synergism
(Pedigree: One of the first members of the Sartin group; ex-marine; don't mess with him)

Dave Schwartz..........Original Thorobrain, Horsestreet
(Pedigree: Professional programmer, artificial intelligence/neural network bon vivant)

Ken Massa..........Original MPH, HTR
(Pedigree: Professional programmer, tounament player, will never get a normal 9 to 5 job)

John Rancont..........Winners Circle software (Stealth, etc.)
(pedigree: Deceased; Owner, trainer, breeder in Texas; programmer; the Lou Grant of the Handicapping software world)

Ron Summers..........Current Thorobrain
(Pedigree: Lawyer; other details unknown to me)

Mario Mory..........Cal Track Online, Powerplay
(Pedigree: unknown to me)

Michael Pizzola..........Handicapping Magician, Master Magician, (* Magician *), etc.
(Pedigree: Sartin group; coauthor of Pace Makes the Race, 1st edition; magician)

George Green..........SpeedPlus
(Pedigree: Unknown; apparently connected to Huey Mahl from years back)

No program but relevant:

Dick Mitchell (I mean Schmidt)..........Sartin group; coauthor of Pace Makes the Race, 1st and 2nd edition; enjoys sarcasm (the enjoyment not always recipricated on this message board

Connections:

Gary Hall is connected to Tom Hambleton (via TPR and Form Points), who is connected to Howard Sartin.

John Marrone is connected to Dick Mitchell, who is connected to Tom Brohamer, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Michael Perry is connected to Tom Hambleton, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Gordon Pine is connected to Dick Mitchell, who is connected to Tom Brohamer, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Dave Schwartz is connected to Dick Schmidt, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Ken Massa is connected to Tom Brohamer, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Ron Summers is connected to Dave Schwartz, who is is connected to Dick Schmidt, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Mario Mory is connected to Dick Mitchell, who is connected to Tom Brohamer, who is connected to Howard Sartin.

Jim the Hat Bradshaw, Tom Hambleton, Bob Purdy, Michael Pizzola and Dick Schmidt are directly linked to Howard Sartin.

John Rancont and George Green are the two odd men out, with apparently no links beyond themselves.

Conclusion: Howard Sartin, not a huge black hole, is at the center of the universe.

Ron Tiller
HDW

To which I would add one more name: Tom Ainslie (Dick Carter) who credits Sartin for the resurrection in his later years of his enjoyment of and proficiency in the game.

ignacio todoberto bernal 10-03-2017 06:30 PM

Happy birthday doc.!!..rip.

Thanks doc. Ignacio

sureshotlink 10-03-2017 10:33 PM

Happy B-day Doc,

You are truly a leading light!

" Shine on you crazy diamond"

Paul link
Los Angeles,CA