Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Saratoga 2018 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11461)

mick 02-08-2018 12:06 PM

Saratoga 2018

In another thread, Ted wrote:

We all need to co-ordinate soon on Saratoga this year. I'll be going, for the same weekend or week as we usually do (Alabama weekend) August 18th.
Let's start a thread soon to collect this year's attendees (tomorrow, or someone else can start it!).

Our friend is on the left-hand side of Canada this week and far from home, so I'll help out and start it.

I'm in for Saratoga. Who else plans to attend?

Jeebs 02-08-2018 12:19 PM

Count me in, Judge!

If Dolly Parton sleeps on her back, I will be there for one or some of the P&C days.

Bill V. 02-08-2018 01:04 PM

Prayers

I will do my best with all my heart, I will pray I can make it with dad
again this year.

We had a great time last year, I really want to get there again

Bless
Bill

mowens33 02-08-2018 01:39 PM

You can count me in!

Mike

raceman5 02-08-2018 02:26 PM

Where

Do you folks usually stay as far as a hotel goes?

Mitch44 02-08-2018 03:42 PM

Barring a health problem count me in.

Mitch44

Lt1 02-09-2018 09:56 AM

Looking forward to meeting up again
Tim

The Pook 02-10-2018 07:42 PM

I wouldn’t mind meeting up with my matchup buddies again this year. Not for sure yet but maybe. Any recommendations for a decent hotel or motel within walking distance of the track that won’t cost a fortune?

Hopefully it works out. I would like another crack at crafting some group Pick 4 tickets with Mike that go beyond the first leg.

Pook

mowens33 02-11-2018 08:46 AM

Mike, I can guarantee we get past the first leg this time!

We can cover them ALL

LOL, Mike

mick 02-11-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman5 (Post 113990)
Do you folks usually stay as far as a hotel goes?

If I were really flush, I would stay in Saratoga and walk to the track. (I love that little town and God Bless Ms. Whitney for saving it.)

Being an old retired guy living on a fixed income, I stay at a hotel in the North Albany near the airport and commute back and forth with friends. There are a half dozen motels near the Interstate and it's an easy 30-minute drive.

Ted Craven 02-16-2018 11:22 PM

Well, the Alabama Stakes is Saturday August 18. That has been our weekend for about 10 years now, so - I'll be there all week!

I'll get with Charlie B (gandalf280) to see about getting tickets again this year for the Friday - Sunday.

What do people think about the Festival Tent area where we've always met? Do we like the tables, the access to food, TV, betting machines, general noise-level - access to the walking ring and to the track? Shall we continue there?

OR - Charlie made the case last year to consider the Carousel Restaurant on the ground floor General Admission end. You reserve a big round table, seats maybe 6 people? It's in a reserved area, there's TVs, betting, closer to the track.

I found it rather noisy, being in the building with more concrete walls and ceilings. Charlie (or anyone else familiar) - do you care to make the case for that new location over the traditional one in the Festival Tent.

We'll have our traditional Friday night handicapping session/seminar at the NHPLAY offices.

Please - everyone who thinks they might come that weekend, please speak up, so we know how many tables to reserve. If at the Festival Tents, those tables seat 6 (uncomfortably) 4-5 more comfortably. I collected $20 per day last year - that included General Admission and a Program, but you needed a way to get your ticket the first day before paying for admission to get your ticket inside at the P&C tables ...

Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, and old friends.

Ted

mowens33 02-17-2018 08:29 AM

Ted, I will be there Tuesday thru Sunday so whatever the group decides is good for me.

Regards, Mike

Jeebs 02-17-2018 09:27 AM

The Carousel (Fourstardave area) is a very nice location, with easy in and out access to watch the races up close. It’s a little bit noisier, but it doesn’t bother me much. As long as that option keeps the group gathering economical for all, I would be in favor of trying this venue for 2018, seeing how it goes, and going from there.

The Pook 02-17-2018 08:09 PM

Carousels are usually fun. I wouldn’t know if it is good or not having never seen that location. Whatever you folks decide would be fine by me.

I plan on being there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Count me in for the daily passes. There is a chance I might not make it and if that happens and you get stuck with the tickets Ted, just send me a bill. The odds are 1-5 that I will show up though.

Pook

mick 02-17-2018 10:04 PM

For the purpose of a "head count," I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And I'll enjoy every minute of it. :D

Lt1 02-21-2018 01:04 PM

I'm confirmed 8-16 to 8-20
Tim

Mitch44 02-21-2018 05:32 PM

I'm booked,arrive on 16th and depart on 20th @
Desmond.

Mitch44

mikesal57 02-22-2018 08:15 AM

Guys...

The one time I've been there , it was under the tent.
It was pleasant , roomy , comfortable, and was able to access everything ( food & paddock & walking ring & bathrooms) plus many betting windows.
Even take a walk to blow off steam when I lost by a head :)
We were able to meet other groups there too..

My concerns about the room, noisy? confined? Internet access? power supplies?
Windows? various foods?

Anyway , I booked Fri -Tues in a Albany Hotel ....but its only February :(

Mike

Brian Chamberlain 02-22-2018 10:16 AM

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday August 17-18 after having to miss last year.
Let me know how much to pay, to whom, etc. Looking forward to it.
Brian Chamberlain

gandalf380 03-08-2018 04:33 PM

I think that we should stick with the Festival Tent for this year. The tables are $90 for Friday and Saturday and $70 for Sunday. But we may have another option in the future. There are new boxes at the top of the stretch which seem to be rather nice. I just have to find out if they have power outlets. There are two boxes that hold 12 people each and come with tablets with betting software on them and they have a view of the track. Check it out on the NYRA website.

Lt1 03-08-2018 04:39 PM

Sounds like a plan Charlie. See you there.
Tim

Ted Craven 03-08-2018 05:40 PM

Here's my tally of attendees so far:

Probably/certainly:
Mick
Jeebs/Tim
mowens/Mike
gandalf/Charlie
Lt1/Tim
Ted C
MikeSal
rdiam/Richard D
Bill V

Maybe:
Pook

After 10 years doing this - I estimate about 15 people Friday/Saturday, and fewer on Sunday.

Looks like 3 tables Friday/Saturday and 2 tables Sunday should do the trick, as usual.

Any other prospective or confirmed attendees? I'd like to get the tickets from NYRA in the next day or so.

Ted

Ted Craven 03-08-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 114752)
I think that we should stick with the Festival Tent for this year. The tables are $90 for Friday and Saturday and $70 for Sunday. But we may have another option in the future. There are new boxes at the top of the stretch which seem to be rather nice. I just have to find out if they have power outlets. There are two boxes that hold 12 people each and come with tablets with betting software on them and they have a view of the track. Check it out on the NYRA website.

Charlie, let's check out those boxes this year to see if they work for us next year!

Ted

Ted Craven 03-27-2018 03:21 PM

Slight change in plans for Saratoga 2018! We were unable to get any tables in the Festival Tent for Friday August 17 (someone had booked the entire Tent).

We went ahead and booked 3 tables (~15 people) for Saturday and 2 tables (~10 people) for Sunday as planned.

Gandalf (Charlie B) is waiting to hear about cost and availability of some tables in the Four Star Dave Restaurant (discussed above) for the Friday, as an alternative. I'll post further about that when it is known.

I know some people have booked accommodations including the Friday anyway, so just a heads-up about this development.

More info as it develops!

Ted

raceman5 03-27-2018 04:29 PM

What

Hotels do u guys stay in?

Bob

Ted Craven 03-27-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman5 (Post 115077)
Hotels do u guys stay in?

Bob

Here's Mick's answer to that, earlier: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=10

Just search for hotels around Albany airport, including Wolf Road area. The Desmond is nice (nice bar, nice bar denizens - at least last year ;)). Mum and I (and Mick) stayed at a place (name escapes me) a few blocks away.

You'd need a car, or car pool to Saratoga Springs up the Interstate ~30 minutes.

Saratoga area itself is quite expensive ...

Ted

Lt1 03-27-2018 06:10 PM

The Desmond is a top class hotel. I've stayed there for 2 Sartin seminars and again last yr. Never had a problem. I will be staying there again this yr.
Tim

barb craven 04-07-2018 12:29 PM

There is a possibility I'll be able to make it. Wouldn't want to stop now.

gandalf380 04-07-2018 03:35 PM

Wonderful news-it would not be the same without you

mowens33 04-07-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb craven (Post 115258)
There is a possibility I'll be able to make it. Wouldn't want to stop now.

Brab, looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike

tazzerbobo 04-21-2018 10:29 AM

I will be there !!! Have the pleasure of bringing my grandson from France to meet and see all the GOOD folks.

Lt1 04-21-2018 10:34 AM

Looking forward to seeing you again Don.
Tim

Brian Chamberlain 04-21-2018 08:00 PM

Well, I can't believe it, but my son decided to get married in Colorado in August that weekend so I have to miss this event again. I was sure looking forward to it.
Brian

tazzerbobo 05-02-2018 08:32 AM

Consider me in as usual.

RichieP 05-25-2018 06:42 AM

Karen and I just booked into the Desmond for Saturday night the 18th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the races Sunday and also should be in early enough Saturday evening to hang and meet anyone around then!!

Richie

barb craven 05-27-2018 02:00 PM

I'm glad you're coming again guys. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Bill V. 06-12-2018 01:56 PM

Roommate wanted

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Friends

A nice quiet fairly good user of phase 1 and the Sartin Methodology
is looking to share expenses for a 3-night stay at the Albany Desmond.
During the Pace and Cap 2018 annual gathering.

I have booked a room at the Desmond/Albany for 3 nights
Thursday, Aug 16th, Friday, and Saturday, the 18th
I will be traveling alone. As the long trip will be too much for my dad

I was wondering, since I am a little worried about being alone because of my health issues
If somebody would like to share my room cost. I stayed at the Demond last year and I highly rate it. I have booked the 3 nights So if you're interested
let's work out a deal

I will be able to go to Saratoga Thursday, Saturday and maybe again Sunday for a few races but I have to go to dialysis at some point on Friday
So I am not sure I will be any good for anything else that day.

If anyone is interested in helping me out and sharing the room cost, please
send me a PM

Attachment 46236

Blessings

Bill

shoeless 06-13-2018 10:46 PM

Bill

This is none of my business but are you sure your ready for a
trip like this in your condition

Just concerned

Jeff

Bill V. 06-13-2018 11:35 PM

Get Busy Living ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 115980)
Bill

This is none of my business but are you sure you're ready for a
trip like this in your condition

Just concerned

Jeff

Hello Jeff

My doctors and my quality of life therapist are very supportive of this journey.
"hope is a good thing"

dlivery 06-18-2018 08:56 PM

YuP

Get Busy Betting

From not Dying

Wish You al the best

Lawrence