Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matchup Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Risen Star at the Fairgrounds (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9024)

lone speed 02-23-2013 02:25 AM

Risen Star at the Fairgrounds
 
1 Attachment(s)
Derby points accumulation begins in earnest with 50 points going to the winner in the Risen Star and the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream..

I only wanted to look at the Risen Star since one of the morning line favorite Oxbow is coming off slow early fractions from his last race and in this race, it is loaded with faster early speed so Oxbow might be vulnerable in this matchup....Let's look over the race...

I have attached a pps of the Risen Star if any one wants to jump in and post their opinions of the match up...

Attachment 33700

After looking over most of the contenders.....I settled on Baffert's Code West who comes off that blitzing mile race of Super Ninety Nine....that seems to be the best last race of all the contenders...

Normandy Invasion looks like the main counter energy horse off the layoff as he will be absolutely flying at the end....this one has "the look" of the real McCoy for the Derby.....but it is still early until the first Saturday of May....

Good Skills

rmath 02-23-2013 09:35 AM

Risen Star
 
Lone Speed, after running this race I came up with
#9 Normandy Invasion top pick
# 12 Hes Had Enough 2nd pick
#2 Code West 3rd choice
#5 Mylute 4thchoice

Oxbow does not rate as one of my main win contenders but is a possible contender to be in the tri or the super.

Will have to wait to decide which two of my top three that I will place my money on. Will hold out for 7/2 or higher odds or pass the race.
rmath

Bill V. 02-23-2013 11:23 AM

Good Skill
 
I will be watching and rooting for you guys

rmath 02-23-2013 11:32 AM

Thanks Bill.
with the scratches 0f the 12-14 & 15
I had to rerun the race now have 9-2-5 as my top 3 win horses

lone speed 02-23-2013 10:12 PM

135 to 1 Shocker....
 
1 Attachment(s)
:eek: Wow...who knew???:confused:

Here is the result...


Attachment 33711

atkinsrr 02-23-2013 10:14 PM

What a horrible race....glad I passed the race...I had the 9, 2, 5, but my model for 8.5f
@ FG was showing deep closers like Normandy not getting up in time...had a bad feeling about this race and passed...glad I did

Bill V. 02-23-2013 11:46 PM

The winner
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is the winner

Attachment 33713

lone speed 02-24-2013 12:34 AM

Bill and Rmath...

Thanks for your input in this race....

I saw not one iota of clue that would have lead me to the longshot besides the dam side by Cryptoclearance...

The only other plus was on August 26th at Del Mar...where this one finish under 24 seconds going 6 furlongs....

next race....thanks again...

rmath 02-24-2013 12:41 AM

Risen Star
 
No way to get this one in the contenders.
If memory serves me right this race has produced several longshots over the past several years.

Rverge 02-24-2013 11:06 AM

Ted C hit one at the FG either last year or the year before....same race i think. or was it La. derby at the FG? 80-1???

PeteC 02-24-2013 11:18 AM

Nice Lone Speed, your nearly 7-1 top choice is right there, just getting nosed out by a crazy longshot.

Thanks for putting up the race...reminded me of when we had several people chiming in about the match-up, it was fun.

Pete

Bill V. 02-24-2013 12:28 PM

LA Derby
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rverge (Post 88851)
Ted C hit one at the FG either last year or the year before....same race i think. or was it La. derby at the FG? 80-1???


Hi Rverge It was the La Derby

Ted credited the win to using the tandems
Ted won a contest over at PA with this race
Ted review LA Derby 2012
Attachment 33714

lone speed 02-24-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteC (Post 88852)
Nice Lone Speed, your nearly 7-1 top choice is right there, just getting nosed out by a crazy longshot.

Thanks for putting up the race...reminded me of when we had several people chiming in about the match-up, it was fun.

Pete


Hey Pete...

Great to see you posting here....I know you focused on the matchup section when Richie P. was putting up weekly races....I see that Richie is in a blissful state and occupied with other commitments....

I really enjoyed reading and learning different insights in each individual matchup races....I know for a fact that other than Richie, you are one of the best students of the matchup as practiced by the late Jim "the Hat" Bradshaw..

I would like to see a more active board here....I know that we already have a wealth of great resources of past posts and important contributions from past and previous posters....Personally, I like to see more weekly matchup races to analyze and for posters to post their opinions.....no matter the resources or the computer programs used since at the end it all pertains to matching up the contenders......It seems that after the monthly contests ended, we had a slight drop off of posts on this board....I know that I learned immensely from the posts of Bill V. and FTL from their posts in the teaching sections and I have been able to research modestly the strengths of Rdss and the many tools/readouts available from the contributions of participants in the monthly contests....

Just voicing some comments....

Good skills

PeteC 02-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lone speed (Post 88854)

I really enjoyed reading and learning different insights in each individual matchup races....I know for a fact that other than Richie, you are one of the best students of the matchup as practiced by the late Jim "the Hat" Bradshaw..

I would like to see a more active board here....I know that we already have a wealth of great resources of past posts and important contributions from past and previous posters....Personally, I like to see more weekly matchup races to analyze and for posters to post their opinions.....no matter the resources or the computer programs used since at the end it all pertains to matching up the contenders......It seems that after the monthly contests ended, we had a slight drop off of posts on this board....I know that I learned immensely from the posts of Bill V. and FTL from their posts in the teaching sections and I have been able to research modestly the strengths of Rdss and the many tools/readouts available from the contributions of participants in the monthly contests....

Just voicing some comments....

Good skills

Hi Lone Speed-

I totally agree with you on this. I really enjoyed / benefitted from the posts by other matchers, particularly yourself, FTL, Bill's L and V, Charlie D, MikeSal and I'm sure I'm forgetting others too. All have their unique take on the teachings by Richie and the Hat and it was cool to see those various perspectives nailing the winner of many races.

I will start looking for some weekend races to post here again. I'll focus on "spot plays" as well as wide-open full fields and favorite(s) that appear vulnerable in today's matchup. Also on races where it's easier to project pace off of an early horse's last race.

If you're up for it, do the same and maybe we can get things going again like before!

Looking forward to it....

Pete


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.