Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Selections (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Monday, February 16, 2009 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5148)

clore1030 02-16-2009 12:09 PM

Monday, February 16, 2009
 
Weird for me to be playing on a Monday.
AQU
First race

Try as I might, I find it had to get past the favorite, #3, in the opener.

My knocks are that it was claimed for 30K last out and sat out the "in jail" period, returning at the very same asking price. It's also raced rather infrequently lately, but has been first or a close-up second in 5 of the 9 races showing.

The other knock is the odds, so this one may just be a mental bet.

raceman5 02-16-2009 12:14 PM

Aqu.
 
Double

3.4/1.7.4


Bob

Vinnie 02-16-2009 12:22 PM

Hey folks! How's it going?

AQU R1-

The 3 is real tough, but, I will go with the 3,5 here to win. Trillian #5 got bumped at the break last time out and still rushed up and was ridden out to win. Going for a nice price!

clore1030 02-16-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman5 (Post 48365)
Double

3.4/1.7.4


Bob

The 4 looked good to me, but I am hesitant as I think it might want more ground. But it made a monstrous move last out after a three month vacation and I noted it at the time.

I would take the 3 at 2/1, but it's 8/5 now and likely to go lower.

Good luck!

Tim Y 02-16-2009 12:26 PM

Chalk rules the opener at the Big A but :5: could run a bit

Tim Y 02-16-2009 12:37 PM

Strange but the inner bias has returned to somewhere near normal.


Don't know what made it go away other than the new maintenance crew.

Fine by me
that was a pleasant surprise


1st race - Aqueduct - February 16, 2009
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
5 Trillian 21.00 7.40 4.50
3 Chit Chat Cat 2.90 2.40
1 I'llthinkofsumthin 5.30

$2 Exacta 5-3 52.50
$2 Trifecta 5-3-1 200.50

Tim Y 02-16-2009 12:42 PM

Word to the wise: DON'T USE PHILLY LINES FOR THIS RACE. I know it is tempting, i.e. on the Dutrow horses, but BEWARE

Vinnie 02-16-2009 12:46 PM

AQU R2- I like the 1,6 to Win right here. I hope that the odds stay decent.

raceman5 02-16-2009 12:47 PM

Great!!!!!! hit Vin.

raceman5 02-16-2009 12:50 PM

Aqu p4.

R2. 4.7.1

r3. 4.2.1a

r4 4.3.6

r5 3.1

Vinnie 02-16-2009 12:50 PM

Thanks a bunch Race! Sometimes (thankfully sometimes) they actually run like you have perceived that they might..:)

Thank you.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 12:52 PM

What a waste of money the FOUR is in this one. P.U. :1::2: or:5: have much better energy profiles
although the two is going backwards

NOT THAT FAR BACKWARDS.......The bias is BACK look for sprinters with an e/l around 7-10 and the ONE had the Philly confusing lines

clore1030 02-16-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Y (Post 48371)
Word to the wise: DON'T USE PHILLY LINES FOR THIS RACE. I know it is tempting, i.e. on the Dutrow horses, but BEWARE

Preaching to the choir with me. :)

I find the second race to be a bit tough, but I think the 4 is way overbet.

But something is whispering to me that I should take a shot with the 2 horse. The odds are nice and it's worth an action bet to me at that price.

You may be right about the track returning to form - six of the last ten sprints were won by either my first or second ranked EP horse.

The previous ten sprints saw only three races won by either of my top 2 EPRs.

clore1030 02-16-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 48366)
Hey folks! How's it going?

AQU R1-

The 3 is real tough, but, I will go with the 3,5 here to win. Trillian #5 got bumped at the break last time out and still rushed up and was ridden out to win. Going for a nice price!

Congrats, well done

Vinnie 02-16-2009 01:00 PM

Thanks Clore:

I hope that the trend continues and we all hit some nice prices today...

clore1030 02-16-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 48380)
Thanks Clore:

I hope that the trend continues and we all hit some nice prices today...

Well, I caught the second for a minor wager, but at those odds, it wiped out yesterday's losses.

Vinnie 02-16-2009 01:15 PM

Nice hit on JT Clore! $19.00 horse. Man, he was my low odds horse too... Tough race..

Vinnie 02-16-2009 01:16 PM

AQU R3- #1(A) and 4 to Win...

Rverge 02-16-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 48381)
Well, I caught the second for a minor wager, but at those odds, it wiped out yesterday's losses.

nice hit clore!

Tim Y 02-16-2009 01:19 PM

Another one where the chalk is really suspect IF the :2: is anywhere close to its old self this one is over
21% lifetime winner BUT claimed for 30K and no takers twice at 16K

:1a: gets the lead and stops

clore1030 02-16-2009 01:22 PM

Thanks guys.

I needed that just for confidence sake.

I like the 6 in the third. It fits the profile and it has the third race after layoff angle.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fairly clear race that ran to the numbers

Tim Y 02-16-2009 01:48 PM

Baby race is 2.3.4

Vinnie 02-16-2009 01:48 PM

AQU R4- 3 and 4 to Win although the #4 is a bit chalky for my taste. :)

Tim Y 02-16-2009 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The e/l is alive and well there today and it is always MAGNIFED in a baby contest as few real stamina horses are found there

Tim Y 02-16-2009 02:19 PM

beware the false philly lines for the two.
:5: and the improving :6: look good

well too late on that six now so two becomes the second choice by default

GLAD I PASSED ON IT

clore1030 02-16-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Y (Post 48392)
beware the false philly lines for the two.
:5: and the improving :6: look good

well too late on that six now so two becomes the second choice by default

Yeah, I had that 6 going for me. Oh well, money saved.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 02:36 PM

pondering 3,4 7 at Oaklawn but no value amongst these as there was in the first race winner there

raceman5 02-16-2009 02:39 PM

Aqu late p4.

R6. 3.1.5.
R7. 7.5
R8. 5.1
R9. 1.9

Vinnie 02-16-2009 02:44 PM

AQU R6- I like the #1 and #5 in here for the Win.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 02:45 PM

:1: :3: in the maiden contest at inner AQU

Vinnie 02-16-2009 02:51 PM

Late P4 for AQU

R6- 1-5
R7- 5-6
R8- 5
R9- 1-7

Tim Y 02-16-2009 03:08 PM

:7: looks ready to graduate in the Oaklawn third

clore1030 02-16-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman5 (Post 48395)
Aqu late p4.

R6. 3.1.5.
R7. 7.5
R8. 5.1
R9. 1.9

So, you like the 7 in the seventh.
I do also, and apparently everyone else at the track does. If I can get 5/2, I'll take it.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 03:20 PM

:2: :7: in 7th

Tim Y 02-16-2009 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FLASH 9/2 on a maiden TWO lines better than the field at Oaklawn in the 4th a definite wager

Steadied early in last two after making a strong 2nd call move

clore1030 02-16-2009 03:42 PM

AQU
Eighth race

Looks like I'll be passing another. Too many different tracks to consider.

I did like the 1A and the 4. I just don't trust the out-of-town lines for the latter.

Tim Y 02-16-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 48405)
AQU
Eighth race

Looks like I'll be passing another. Too many different tracks to consider.

I did like the 1A and the 4. I just don't trust the out-of-town lines for the latter.

I agree but :1: :4: look best e/l says five might be around early

Tim Y 02-16-2009 03:59 PM

oaklawn horse Bid Hung, okay

clore1030 02-16-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Y (Post 48406)
I agree but :1: :4: look best e/l says five might be around early

I might have taken 7/1 on the 5 since it had that last out win on the track. But at 7/2, it just didn't thrill me.

That horse has sure been busy changing barns.

Now the 9 in the ninth is one that I'll take at the present 7/2. But just an action bet, and a 2 dollar one at that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.