![]() |
Black Magic
I just got finished watching the DVD for Black Magic and although I realize the main purpose is of it is to sell the program I have to say I was very impressed.I dont have any idea how it works on the actual races themselves but the features on there will certainly help anyone handicapping the races.Jeff
FYI,this is not in any way an advertisement for it just an opinion of what I saw.For a 57 year old broken down candy and tobacco sales rep it's out of my price range. |
dream
Quote:
I believe in you. You just need to find the right door. I believe that dreams can come true. I'm not saying how well you can do. I just pray that somehow we can all find that that our true ability and talents can lead to good things as long as we keep trying Each new program and reading about the true winners in this game could very well be the key to someone finding that door I appreciate your review and opinions GS Bill |
Bill,Thanks.Jeff
|
Jeff,
Hi. Yes, it's very pricey. However, as good as it is, it is not a 'black' box. It still requires human judgement.* Regards, Jon *Just ask Richie. |
Jeff
The private users group forum is the largest in racing today with well over 300 active members. The owners of "BLAM" as the program is being called are very sharp folks as well as really sincere good guys. Without giving anything away they have a weekend round table where folks including Michael P gather each weekend morning and discuss and select a few races from across the country that they are looking to wager on. Complete with screen shots, discussions etc. Some MONSTER scores have been posted well in advance of the races including things like whole pool superfecta hits. Take this for whats it worth: Regardless of what you hear on boards regarding MP I will tell you this. The man is an absolute winner/pro of the highest caliber and bets more in a day that most of us do in weeks of betting. My buddy Sammy M is a moderator there and knows more about Pizzolla's programs than anyone except for MP himself. Jon is right on when he says it is NOT a black box. It is also very expensive outlay to start. After that however the deal for data files/results files unlimited is the best there is in racing imho. Jeff: They have an automated line (s) selection in the program. The one that most everyone uses is so far OPPOSITE to your beliefs regarding recency etc you would NEVER be comfortable using it imho. If there was ever a methodology that fit YOUR ideas regarding much to do with racing it is without question Jim Lehane's Calibration Handicapping. So much so it is scary! As I kept reading the book I kept saying to myself "This is Shoe" Big bro half the battle is using something that one actually BELIEVES in as far as it's core principals. That's pretty much it |
Hi Guys,Thanks for the input.I realize it's not a black box and when talking about it I was referring to the features it has.For example the ability to look at races which are being run that fit a special category such as heavy pressure,lone speed etc.Also I think the way he has the early horses,pressers and closers seperated is very easy on the eyes.All in all even though it doesnt spit out winners I feel it's still a top notch program.Jeff
Lil Bro,Just so you know I have eased up on the recency and now do look at all of the pacelines in the pp's. |
Richie,
Very nice post. I agree 100% with everything you said about Black Magic, Michael Pizzolla, and it's user base. Jim |
Quote:
I got off the phone with Bill about 30 minutes ago. Told him we had chatted by email couple of times etc. As soon as talk turned to racing Bill said to me "The Shoe gets the contenders in a race better than anybody. He is unreal" The truth Jeff. I've seen it too man. |
Richie,Thanks to you and Bill for the compliment.I was talking to Pino yesterday about the same thing how I can get the winner in the top 3 to 4 most of the time.My only problem is being able to seperate the contenders and getting the winner.Jeff
|
I think if Richie puts his full commitment into the program he will do really well with it,he has the midas touch for that sort of thing.Actually he was the one who got Pino and I started with Synergism 2.When we were playing the races together with it every minute I would get a ka ching e mail from Richie that he hit another race.I really dont know why he stopped using the program with all the ka chings he was getting.Jeff
|
Quote:
Seperate em using an Oddsline Jeff A couple of handy little Oddsline calculators here that may be of help http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...dds+calculator |
Charlie,Thanks very much.Jeff
|
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Here is an example from yesterday and of course it is going to be a winning one for me. I TOTALLY believe the Hat's RADICAL thinking that one does NOT focus on regressing and looking back on lost races. We regress and FOCUS on WINNING experiences. OK These screenshots show the pp's of the winning $30.00 horse I had both with real money and in the contest to hit a nice $139.00 exacta and the "other horse" that made up my final 2 contenders. I had the race down to the 2b and the 9 for the win O.T.E. There was absolutely NOBODY else to even consider win lose or draw. I had trouble saying quickly that 1 was gonna beat the other. Previously that was a tell tale sign to PASS the race.It is NOT anymore and Jim Lehane's book and coverage of "Valuation" is the reason why. I am NOT gonna give away the step on an open post. Wouldn't be right out of respect to Jim L but if you apply that chapter and the SIMPLE way he does things you will NO doubt after seeing live odds at 2 mtp be on the 2b with bells on. So instead of "being right" and picking one of the 2 final contenders in a race where I really couldn't separate them I became "efficient" and used some valid tools at my disposal. Jim Lehane's Valuation tool is in my bag to STAY. Jeff my strongest feedback to you would be to read and re read and then read some more the Valuation chapter and begin practicing and applying it to your final few contenders. You won't need any software after that big bro. All the guesswork is removed. Now just wait for odds and bet your spot play value horses according to YOUR line. |
Richie,Thanks very much for the advice and I will do what you suggested.Jeff
By the way nice hit on that horse and I do miss those ka-ching e mails. |
Richie,I just read it again and you were right.Jeff
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.