![]() |
Sar/Dmr contest?
If I put together a little something for us is it better to keep it to the weekends or do we include weekday play?
This is for Saratoga/Del Mar. I have an idea for a contest. Give me feedback please. I think Dmr opens this week. Feedback please from those interested in a contest with these 2 tracks lasting til Labor day. |
Richie,
I think weekends are better as more people have that time off, and the racing is somewhat better. Count me in. Ira |
last
Hi Rich
I know you will do a great job ! Somethig very late in the day at Saratoga might be ok But I'm shut out If you do anything during the week early Delmar might work because of the late post time I am hoping for weekends only Bill |
Quote:
OK problem solved. Weekends only ;) |
RichieP
Weekends would give me more time if things are well on the home front . How ever the group goes I will try to take part. Vanoy |
Quote:
|
i vote for weekends.:D
bud |
Quote:
but its ok thanks RichieP Rverge |
weekends fine with me too
|
Morning guys.
Thinking aloud here: 1) 3 horse exacta box contest at Dmr and Sar on Saturdays and Sundays. Everyone gets $12.00 a race to make a 3 horse exacta box. 2) Each day at each track we wager on the largest field polytrack race and largest field grass race on each card. NO maiden races considered. In ADDITION if there is a Grade 1 listed on the card it is AUTOMATICALLY included as a contest race regardless of field size. This way we hit the good horses too. 3) Betting allowed til 1 mtp with the Equibase "off time" in their charts designated as "post time". Bets time stamped at THAT time are NOT allowed. 4) Everyone will post bets in specific race threads and at days end will score their own ball and tally up their scores and post in a thread with their name on it. 5) If this is cool we "go" starting this Saturday and Sunday at Del Mar. 6) Two winners at contest end. a) Highest accumulated dollars b) 2nd highest accumulated dollars. I'll get us a couple of prizes for the winners. Talk to me :) |
Sounds great Rich.. Just a suggestion and do with it as you see fit. Can you add a Turf race at Delmar and a Dirt Race at the Spa so we have all surfaces covered ?
|
Sounds good Rich...if possible, can u let us know on Fri nite what races they are so that we can handicap them and possibly the people that work on Saturdays can get some bets in
mike |
I like the idea of 1 dirt and 1 turf, the only problem is it rains like crazy at The Spa and what do we do if it comes off..
mike |
Quote:
YES that is the idea. I probably didn't come through so clear as I was typing a bit too early this morning! Saratoga - Each weekend day we will do the largest (NON maiden) field dirt race and largest field grass race. In addition any Grade 1 is automatically added. Del Mar - Each weekend day we will do the largest (NON maiden) field polytrack race and largest field grass race. In addition any Grade 1 is automatically added. So we are looking at a minimum of four races a day that are in play at the start. If the grass races come off because of weather I think it is automatic PASS and would NOT count in the tally. Makes it real easy. Other ideas regarding this are most welcome. I would get the races we will play posted up as soon as entries are made available on brisnet. Does this sound ok? |
One more thing for early bettors..
What happens if one of their horses get scratched.. a) it becomes a 2 horse box b) put in a 4TH choice ex: 4,8,9,2 if the 4 or 8 or 9 gets scratched they will be replaced with the 2 mike |
Sounds good Richie. I have a crazy idea, what if we are allowed to split the $12 on one race over the weekend and play a $1 tri box on 3 horses? The other $6 would go to an exacta box. Limiting it to one tri and $1 would help prevent one score from skewing things but make it interesting. Or, everyone gets $1 extra for each weekend to play one cold tri?
|
Quote:
Cool? |
Quote:
I like it a lot. Give the player who is "right" a chance to score big if he is "really right"! Let's do that. Everyone gets a $2.00 exacta box of 3 horses AND a $2.00 trifecta box of 3 horses Ok "X" do they have to be the SAME 3 horses used in both bets? |
the only thing with a tri box is that someone can hit a real biggie and be set for the contest while not hitting anything else...with another guy hitting a few exactors with nothing to show for it..
this is getting complicated , isnt it...LOL mike |
exacta only 3 horses
|
to keep things simple and reasonable...
one dirt, one turf at DelMar one dirt, one turf at Saratoga add another race if its a Grade 1 at both tracks 3 horse exactor box with 1 alternate ( ) 1ST Prize...65 in LCD TV mike |
Quote:
Thanks Mike. That is an extremley generous donation.... |
Quote:
If there is a lot of resistance to the idea due to the chance of someone running away with the contest, we could make it so that once you score a tri, that's it, no more tri's for that person for the rest of the contest, only exactas. I think this would give everyone a chance to catch up if they were falling too far behind but not let anyone become too unreachable if they were good at picking 3 horses. |
Whatever the final rules are ..... count me in. Sounds like fun.
Gary |
In case of scratches you could go to the betting favorite(s). That way if there are multiple scratches, or gate scratches, you would just use the official lowest odds horses.
In case you already have the betting favorite, then it would be the next lowest odds horse(s) up the ladder. Let's say I have the 1,2, 7 exacta box, and the 1 and 2 both get scratched. The 7 goes off as the favorite. My new bets would be the 7 with the second and third favorites. Now, all bases are covered especially in races coming off the turf with multiple scratches. |
Hi Guys..
I think Richie has got a lot of ideas to work with now... It should be up to him to finalize the contest, since hes running it With so much on his plate... match-up, The Blue, and now this....I give him mucho credit for his energy..God bless him mike |
Quote:
|
RIchie:
Sign me up, I'm in |
Box?
Why limit the exacta and trifecta wagering to a box? Are you shouting to the world that the three participants you've settled on all have an equal chance to win? Or is it that you just don't know? In that case a box is legitimate response.
Though usually I find the Box the least efficient betting choice on the menu, make it available by all means, but please, not the only option. Howard suggested the box as a preferred approach to betting exotics, if one must, but his reputation wasn't built upon an exotic strategy. Yet all I hear is Box Box Box. Would you have gone to Micky Mantle for advice on the finer points of swatting singles? The issue of fariness, or should I say unfairness, should someone distance themselves from the field with a big trifecta score has been raised in an earlier post. Don't mean to offend, but in case you've missed it, life is unfair. At 5'8' I've had to forego what looked like a promising basketball career, at least my Mother and I thought it was. One hundred sixty five lbs. meant an end my brilliant pulling guard stint when I tried to move up to the Varsity, and I wasn't talented or fast enough for the skill positions. And now in my later years,the final indignity, I'm loosing most of my hair. You want fairness, here's something fair. "Take this $12.00 and do what ever you want in these two races, and the one with the most money at the end will be declared the winner." You can bet a box, a partial wheel, a back wheel, a top wheel, or even a cart wheel, if the mutual clerk will accept it. And if your horses come in, move that money into the win column. Regards, Chris |
Panic
Quote:
LOL Bill |
contest name idea
I think we should name the contest
in honor of a man who has worked very hard and devoted many hours for us to listen learn and study Lou has added many manuals and audio tape sets to our library The Lou Sosa Delmar Saratoga Exacta Box Contest GS Bill |
Quote:
ohh...my typo mistake..its a 6.5 dvd player...lol |
Let's have the contest on Tuesdays between noon and one o'clock.
And how about a nice 8-track tape player for the winner? ;>) |
Bill:
LSDSEBC has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :>) Just kidding! |
Help please
My dog Kianti is very sick and might have to be put down. Found this all out yesterday and my Mom is freaking out as he is like her son. She was hysterical and shaking.
Can someone please pick up the ball and run with it regarding the contest. I need to take care of what's left of my family. I'll jump in here when things settle. Thanks |
That really sucks Richie, I hope and pray that Kianti will be ok. I've lost 3 dogs in the last 2 years and know that it's one of the hardest things to go through, they really are family.
I'll take a stab at summarizing the rules. 1) Tracks are Del Mar and Saratoga 2) Begins July 19 (Del Mar only on the 19th) through Labor Day weekend, Saturdays and Sundays. 3) For each race, everyone gets $12 for a 3 horse exacta box. 4) For one race each weekend, a race can be chosen (optionally) to split the $12 between a $1 exacta box and a $1 trifecta box. The 3 horses do not have to be the same for each bet. Each participant is allowed one tri win for the contest. (use this opportunity wisely!) 5) Scratches: For each box, one alternate enclosed in parentheses can be designated in case of a scratch. In case of no alternate or multiple scratches, the next available lowest odds horse will be used. 6) Each day at Del Mar, we will wager on the largest field polytrack race and largest field grass race excluding maiden races. Tiebreakers will go to the higher class race. In addition, all Grade 1 races listed on the card are automatically included as a contest race regardless of field size. Races taken off the turf will be passed. 7) Each day at Saratoga, we will wager on the largest field dirt race and largest field grass race excluding maiden races. Tiebreakers will go to the higher class race. In addition, all Grade 1 races listed on the card are automatically included as a contest race regardless of field size. Races taken off the turf will be passed 8) Betting allowed til 1 mtp with the Equibase "off time" in their charts designated as "post time". Bets time stamped at THAT time are NOT allowed. 9) Everyone will post bets in specific race threads and at day's end will score their own ball and tally up their scores and post in a thread with their name on it. Everyone is allowed one error in scoring for the contest. If your score is too low or high the first time, it will be corrected. For the second and subsequent occurrences, a low score will be used and high score will become correct_score - amount_in_error for that day. 10) Two winners at contest end, 1st place=highest accumulated dollars. 2nd place=2nd highest accumulated dollars. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I am heading to the vet in an hour to find out what's what. Kianti is there. My brother has been on the phone trying to calm my Mom down. I had to call him and ask for help. Regardless my boy is not going to suffer. Hopefully things work out. Jim I never saw you were tied for the lead in the NHC contest man. It just blew right over me. Tremendous work!!!! You had BOTH bombs opening day?? Are you serious?? Well go head then. Get vicious ;) Safe day and stay cool. |
Just Bad
Hi Rich
I am so sorry Megan, Raul, Katelyn all say hi to you and Mom all your friends here Love Bill |
"Lou Sosa weekends at the Spa/Shore Exotica contest"
OK
Kianti is going to be ok and he will be home tonight. Turns out he had an infection that took over his whole body. His vet said that if he didn't have th energy he still has as an 11 yr old he wouldn't have made it. Doc said he is a Fighter :eek: =========================================================== Now let's get back to business. The contest! :) I just spoke by phone with Bill. The "Lou Sosa weekends at the Spa/Shore Exotica contest" kicks off this weekend with racing at Del Mar. We will post up all the rules,format etc in the next couple of days. It's all good. I'm hoping to learn a lot about how to hit the exacta. A bet in real life I might make with real money less than 5 times a year. A majority of the time the place horse is NOT the horse who is 2nd most likely winner. Let's rock and roll! |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.