Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Uncoupled Entry Angle (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14371)

Lt1 11-02-2021 08:04 PM

Uncoupled Entry Angle
 
Just thought I would expand on this since it keyed a big day at Parx for myself and especially DarMar[Darryl March]. I first became aware of this angle when I was doing capping for former NY leading trainer Gasper Moschera. He explain to me that when a trainer entered an uncoupled entry[except in a rabbit situation which is rare today] he[she] feels that either half can win today and to pay attention to the longer price part. For the most part the better trainers score the most often with the angle but the lesser trainers' horses usually pay box car prices when they hit. In r10 today the #1 and #5 were an uncoupled entry trained by a low % trainer. Neither looked like much but the 5 was a little better overall. I gave a look to the #1 as a possible LS using line 2. It didn't qualify as a Richie Mathie LS play since it only had a 2 rank in VDC and no CSR rank, however, I took a look at the BL/BL screen and discovered that it had all kinds of corollary
support. It ranked 3rd epr & lpr,and 2nd cpr ,fw, fx &vdc on the primaries, and #2 on all the supplemental and fractals ranks and going off at 42-1. It won and pd $87.40. For the record I've haven't tracked the win% or avg win price but I do know it is a good angle to look for.
Tim

gandalf380 11-02-2021 08:54 PM

I have also cashed some nice bets with this angle. I first noticed this with Pletcher horses in NY.

Lt1 11-02-2021 08:58 PM

Hi Charlie. He is one of those top trainers that scores regularly with the angle. Hope all is well with you and Missy.
Tim

darmar 11-02-2021 09:39 PM

In Race 9 the uncoupled entry showed strongly #4 @8/1 missed the win by a short nose and the 5 completed the Super
Darryl

MJS6916 11-02-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 140381)
I have also cashed some nice bets with this angle. I first noticed this with Pletcher horses in NY.

YES !!!!!

When Purge won that NYRA (or Cigar Mile), that's when my Pletcher-uncoupled entry radar went on.

Tim Y 11-03-2021 04:46 PM

Backfired at Finger Lakes a few years back....half the entry at 1/9, wired and won by opn lengths (and a few bridge jumpers took a BATH parimutuelly) when 1A almost knocked another down down the backstretch (that horse finished 5th as a result)..

Inquiry came up, and by the rules of racing, the entry had to be placed BEHIND the horse bothered by the OTHER half. Tote board lite up like a Chrismats tree as SHOW priced DWARFED the win payouts

ranchwest 11-03-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Y (Post 140436)
Backfired at Finger Lakes a few years back....half the entry at 1/9, wired and won by opn lengths (and a few bridge jumpers took a BATH parimutuelly) when 1A almost knocked another down down the backstretch (that horse finished 5th as a result)..

Inquiry came up, and by the rules of racing, the entry had to be placed BEHIND the horse bothered by the OTHER half. Tote board lite up like a Chrismats tree as SHOW priced DWARFED the win payouts

But that was a coupled entry.

barryt 11-05-2021 03:06 PM

Delmar Nov 5
R1 Baffert both2-1 Ran1,2 exa =18
R3 Sadler #3,6 #6 3-1, #3 8-5 fin 6-3 $8.50 win exa 21
R5 Miller 2,3
R6 Ward 268
R8 Cox 4,5 brown 7,11
R9 Pletcher 5,10 Davis 6,11, Baffer 89&12
R10 Appleby 1,2 Casse 11,12 ,13

In my experience uncoupled entries are profitable but one of them must be a logical contender and you bet the higher of the two and box the exas.

barryt 11-05-2021 05:05 PM

R5 Miller 2,3 2@30-1. 3@14 no contenders both out
R6 Ward 268 8=8/5, 6=5/1 2=20-1 6 win $12 2 finished 3rd just missed $156 exa.

barryt 11-05-2021 05:50 PM

R8 Cox 4,5 brown 7,11 4is 15-1 5 is 10-1 7is 13 and 11 is 2nd Fav at 9/2. It’s a 14 horse race so have to consider 9-1 sorta 3rd choice a contender T ake 4 & 7 win and 11/7 & 4/5 exa boxds and add exa 511/ 47 or just box the 4 horses.

delayjf 12-17-2021 11:58 AM

I have cashed over the years many tickets on Bob Baffert uncoupled entries. Look for it in maiden races. I've seen his high priced uncoupled entries beat the lower odds horses even when the lower priced horse was owned by one of his biggest owners (Pegram)

delayjf 12-27-2021 11:20 AM

Baffert Strikes Again
 
Baffert had two uncoupled entries in the Grad 1 LaBrea, including the 2/5 favorite. His other entrant, Kalypso went off a 9.8 - 1, won going away by 4 lengths paying 19.60

1retired 12-31-2021 10:40 AM

Uncoupled Entries
 
Lt 1
Tim

I was very interested to hear about your time handicapping races for Gasper Moschera. I remember in the 80's and 90's in NY he and Oscar Barrera used to wheel horses back on 5 days reswt, sometimes even 4 and won.

Few of us have any contact with the racing insiders, owners, trainers etc., and you did. How did you initially get the job/work with Moschera? and hwat is it that you did. Did you handicap specific races coming up, etc? Do you know if other trainers do this with other people as you did with Moschera? I think most of us handicappers would be very surprised at the lengths trainers go to win races.

Also, I know that you have talked about tracking the Bl? B/L aof winners at the second call. Could You give a little more detail about how you use this in practice. For myself, I look at when 80 or 90% of all winners are less than 2, or 3 lengths back and throw out any horses that are further back at the second projected second call in the race in question>

1 retired


I'd be interested to hear you talk about what you did for Moschera

1retired 12-31-2021 10:48 AM

Uncoupled entries and Beat en lengths
 
Tim

I just saaw your other recent post about 2nd call beaten lengths. If that tells the stotry, no need to reply to the bealten lengths issdue.

Regarding Gasper JMoschera, I'd still like to hrear your thoughts on that one.

1 retired

Lt1 12-31-2021 02:06 PM

Hi 1. The 2nd call bl is pretty clear for me. If a horse is outside the established 2nd call
bl I downgrade it for win with confidence.
TIM

Lt1 12-31-2021 02:50 PM

Ok 1R. The Gasper story is a winded one. I got a flyer from him selling his book about how he transformed horses like Moro from claimers to stake horses. I call him and he talked me into taking a month of his service. Since I wasn't doing much capping I agreed. Anyway he sent me the book along with a small book containing several trainer angles. I found 1[the apprentice angle very effective at Parx]. These horses were hitting the ex almost 50% of the time. When I told him about it he asked if I would do NY and Fla . I did . At that time his operation was Wed to Sun. The very 1st NY play was a mdn at Bel who came from the clouds paying $94. After that he convinced his big players to look at Parx also. I would do the capping and call in the picks for Mon & Tues and I give him the angle horses Wed to Sun for NY and Fla. We had a great deal of success both with the angle horses and just normal capping. His whales loved the results and starting playing Parx. That's pretty much the short version.
Tim
Tim

delayjf 01-07-2022 10:58 AM

Lt1

Do you recall the names of the books / trainer angles he sent you?

Lt1 01-07-2022 11:15 AM

The big one was I was The Gas Man Lights Up The Tote Board. The other was The Trainer Hidden Form Angle.
Tim

DanBoals 01-14-2022 03:54 PM

OP 1/14 - Race 6
 
Asmussen has the 4 and the 7
McPeek has the 5 and 8

I would have to give the edge to McPeek's uncoupled entry

ranchwest 01-14-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBoals (Post 142719)
Asmussen has the 4 and the 7
McPeek has the 5 and 8

I would have to give the edge to McPeek's uncoupled entry

I haven't looked at the results. My selection is the Asmussen #4.

DanBoals 01-14-2022 04:22 PM

OP - Jan 14 - Race 7
 
Another uncoupled entry from Asmussen, this time the 3 and 14; both look good.

ranchwest 01-14-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBoals (Post 142723)
Another uncoupled entry from Asmussen, this time the 3 and 14; both look good.

14 looks like a very good firster. Of the rest, I like the 4.

darmar 01-21-2022 04:04 PM

MVR Jan 21/22 R5
Ivan Vazquez trains the winner and place horses
Ex pays $117.20

ranchwest 01-21-2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmar (Post 143056)
MVR Jan 21/22 R5
Ivan Vazquez trains the winner and place horses
Ex pays $117.20

Wow! The only thing I liked about the 5 was his name. Say Hey Willie.

barryt 01-24-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchwest (Post 143069)
Wow! The only thing I liked about the 5 was his name. Say Hey Willie.

That’s the thing tho, the trainer must like him as the’re in the same race.

barryt 01-24-2022 12:12 PM

I’m playing mainly Tam and there seems a plethora on UCEs and, except for Pletcher &Brown shipp ins, they’re having little impact. Seems it’s become trendy,��

delayjf 03-27-2022 10:42 AM

Baffert Strikes Again-Dubai World Cup
 
Paid 20.00 while beating Bafferts other entry Life is Good, the 2/5 favorite.
Amazing, even in G-1 races the pattern holds up.

stormbringer 04-02-2022 09:20 PM

Last race at S.A
 
Dear Lt1.
I think I found one (uncoupled ?.) The last race at SA 6 furlongs on the turfI bet it and had all three finishers. Was it one ?? I ordered that book 2 when u talk I hear. The gas man book.
The race was today also. 4/2/2022
Thanks

Stormbringer

Lt1 04-03-2022 10:08 AM

Hi Storm. I checked out r9 entries for 4-2 and the #3 and 5 were indeed an L.Powell uncoupled entry. The 3 was ml/7/2 while the 5 was m/l 12/1. The 5 won the race paying a very nice $37 while the 3 finished next to last off at 3-1. Congrats on a nice score.
Tim

stormbringer 04-03-2022 01:45 PM

One other thing do your ember a man Harvey Pack. He loved the Gas man.
He had a show called Horse Racing Today. I think ?.

Lt1 04-03-2022 06:36 PM

Sure do remember Harvey. He would always caution never to bet on a horse doing something for the 1st time. If I remember he also did a recap show on the NYRA races.
Tim

stormbringer 04-03-2022 09:36 PM

May the horse be with you.!!

raceman5 04-08-2022 01:11 PM

Keenland
 
Race 1. 5 and 9 uncoupled entry.

5 Wins. 12.20

Bob

raceman5 04-13-2022 01:09 PM

Keenland
 
WED 4/13 Race 1.

Uncoupled entry. 1 and 2. 1 wins!!! 44.20-18.20-7.00 Hope you all had it.

Bob

Lt1 04-13-2022 01:28 PM

What a great angle. Thanks for the update Bob.
Tim

Lt1 04-13-2022 02:38 PM

R4 AT PARX today the #1 higher odds of the Tyler Servis uncoupled scored paying $20.00.The hits just keep on coming
Tim

MJS6916 04-13-2022 06:12 PM

the #1 was JT Servis' only entry today.

John C Servis had the 7 & 8 in race 4.

Hope y'all cashed anyway.

Lt1 04-13-2022 06:40 PM

My bad all I saw was Tyler j Servis. Didn't know that there are 2 Tyler Servis. both with the same middle initial with one usually full middle name John. Hey it all worked out but good catch Mike and thanks for the heads up.
Tim

Lt1 04-13-2022 06:45 PM

Just noticed that the Trackmaster pps were wrong. The 7&8 are trained by John C. Servis. Another reason I prefer the Bris pps to TM.
Tim

dadams6357 05-02-2022 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by dadams6357
Tim just to let you know your words are not
wasted. At OP today 9th race #5 horse
hit the board at 58.40...I spent 2 hrs going through
all kinds of gyrations trying to figure out how it
could of won???? Well If I had been looking at
the trainers they had a trainer with two uncoupled
horses....Cant see the forest for the trees.
Thanks Again I do appreciate what you do.
Also verifying what others do like the math 4.
Yours Truly
Don


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.