Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Saratoga 2019 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12072)

Jeebs 02-04-2019 11:01 AM

Saratoga 2019
 
Hi y’all!

I know that NYRA hasn’t officially released a Saratoga schedule yet, but I figure that now is a good time to get the ball rolling and begin coordinating tentative plans for this year. I will safely assume that Alabama week will again be the group’s choice (which this year if Monday and Tuesday are dark would likely be 8/14-8/18). If memory serves me right, the Fourstardave and Festival Tent areas were the gathering spots last year. Unless things are changed, there is a free area upstairs (NYRA Bets Simulcast Center) that has plenty of tables, but is first come first served. Just some foods for thought.

With some luck, I’ll get to participate in at least one of the official days this year. I was fortunate enough to meet some of the group at the track and at the Desmond.

Let’s get a head count for interest... in other words, who’s in? :)

Ted Craven 02-04-2019 11:37 AM

Alabama Stakes is on August 17, so that's the weekend! I'll be there.

Ted

Mitch44 02-04-2019 01:17 PM

I'm going to try and make it this year.


Mitch44

Bill V. 02-04-2019 02:35 PM

Lots of planning
 
I made it last year with lots of love and support from family and friends.
So count me in again ,
Looking forward to the annual gathering ✈

raceman5 02-04-2019 06:17 PM

Desmond
 
What's that cost per night in August?

Bob

CheckMark 02-05-2019 07:43 AM

As of right now that date is good but will have to check back.

mowens33 02-05-2019 08:22 PM

I'm in for sure!!

Jeebs 02-07-2019 02:07 AM

Hi Ted,

Could you “sticky” this thread to the top of General Discussion so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle? Please and much thanks!

Ted Craven 02-07-2019 08:45 AM

As creator of the Thread, you did it! :D

tleusin 02-08-2019 08:36 AM

NYRA approves Saratoga 2019 dates.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-by-regulators

CheckMark 02-08-2019 11:19 AM

My mom just showed this to me yesterday A.M.

Swifty0x0 03-12-2019 02:03 AM

NYRA has released the 2019 Saratoga schedule and the Alabama is on Aug 17th. Are people still planning to get together that weekend?

Ted Craven 03-12-2019 06:28 AM

That's the weekend! Usually Friday - Sunday, August 16-18. I think consensus was we'd meet in the Four Star Dave restaurant. Let's start a head count so when tables are ready to reserve, I can get Charlie B (gandalf380) to purchase some.

Again, I'll be there!

Ted

Bill V. 03-12-2019 07:36 AM

Its
 
It is a go for me and possibly some family like last year ,

CheckMark 03-12-2019 08:09 AM

Let me see. Will get back to you.

Jeebs 03-12-2019 11:47 AM

I plan on being there as long as “life happens” doesn’t happen like last year!

Swifty0x0 03-18-2019 02:26 AM

I'm planning on attending this year. It will be the first time since the Albany Seminars from back in the early/mid 90's. I'm sure I've met some of you back then, but after about 25 years it's hard to recognize anyone.

Ted Craven 03-19-2019 06:33 PM

Looks like Saratoga tickets are available now, hopefully 4-Star Dave restaurant seating soon (our meeting spot).

Here is who has confirmed publicly (or expressed strong intent):

Jeebs
Ted Craven
Mitch44
Bill Varone
Mowens33
Swifty0x0
gandalf380 (usually there anyway, with wife)
Barb Craven
Mick
Lt1 & wife
Hypnotist
atkinsrr


= 15 seats.


if we have to book tables in the next few weeks, I'll get 3 tables for each of Friday and Saturday and 2 on Sunday (the usual).

Anyone else coming (i.e. do I need more tables for 5 on any day)?

As before, we'll collect $20/day each to cover costs, includes admission and program. Though you may have to pay admission the 1st day in order to get your restaurant seating ticket, unless you can arrange to find in advance whoever has all the tickets.

Ted

gandalf380 03-20-2019 04:32 PM

I just realized that this is our 10th meetup at Saratoga with RDSS.

barb craven 03-20-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 120243)
I just realized that this is our 10th meetup at Saratoga with RDSS.

Yes Charlie, it is. Doesn't seem possible, does it.

mick 03-21-2019 04:42 AM

I WANT to be there but there are complications in my un-horseracing world. Put me down as a definite maybe. :D

Lt1 03-21-2019 07:56 AM

I'm planning on coming.
Tim

Ted Craven 03-21-2019 08:15 AM

Mick and Tim - so glad to hear you both plan to come! At least, intention is the first step ;).


Ted

Ted Craven 03-21-2019 11:31 AM

Some of the faces behind the names, from last year. In the Four Star Dave restaurant.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...6&d=1534651035

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=127

More photos from last year via the above link to the Saratoga 2018 meetup.

Ted

atkinsrr 03-21-2019 12:33 PM

Thinking about it...I'VE been told it's hard to find hotel rooms during the Saratoga meet they are usually full....can someone verify this...plus how many hotels are close to the track????

mick 03-21-2019 01:23 PM

An alternative is to stay at a hotel in North Albany near the airport, rent a car and commute back and forth to Saratoga. (All of our elder statesmen stay at the Desmond, for old times sake. The restaurant is good, too.) It's an easy thirty minute drive and the cost of a hotel room in North Albany and a car is a lot cheaper than a hotel room in Saratoga. Split the car costs with someone else and you'll have extra cash to bet. :D

barb craven 03-21-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 120252)
Some of the faces behind the names, from last year. In the Four Star Dave restaurant.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...6&d=1534651035

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=127

More photos from last year via the above link to the Saratoga 2018 meetup.

Ted

Picture is great but doesn't give names. From left, up and around to the right...Charlie Bedard (gandalf380) and his wife Missy, Tim (ltl), Don (tazerbobo), Barb Craven, Ted Craven, Mick, Mike (Mowens33)

I am staying at the Desmond this year and Mick is right, some of us have already been talking about renting a car together.

Bill V. 03-22-2019 12:57 PM

10 Years
 
1 Attachment(s)
Wow 10 years of Sartin /Pace and Cap together !!

I have so many nice memories of each one.

From the very first 1, The special year we called Doc'
Meeting Ted, and calling Barb so she could join in.
The goodie bags, Tee shirts, hats, and Saratoga giveaways,
The Friday night pizza and handicapping parties
The year of the Sartin Bradshaw race.
Going into the seats with Charlie
Watching Alabama, with Ted and the man from track master,

Then the last few years, when Richie and Karen would come up,
The Saturday night dinners,

Each of the 10 years filled me with so much joy

This year will be another great one

Here I am from the very first Pace and Cap day
Having a great day.

Attachment 47862

Lt1 03-22-2019 01:44 PM

Nice pic Bill.
Tim

barb craven 03-22-2019 03:28 PM

I remember that first year when you called me Bill; and you made up a goodie bag for me too. You all had Doc on another phone I think because, however, he talked to me too. It was the very next year that I started coming too.
Everything you say I will agree with in spades.

Ted Craven 03-22-2019 03:36 PM

Bill's comment and photo above made me dig back in the archive for the phone call we made to Doc Sartin during that first Saratoga event - August 2018. Here is Bill's post and links to the audio of that phone conversation. I actually choked up a bit listening to it again. If I could get a call through to him again, I would ...

Quote:

Our Phone call to Doc Sartin
<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> Between races on Sunday Our Paceandcap day at the races group called Howard Sartin

We used my laptop computer and a Skype
phone connection.

The sound quality is not the best but I think you will enjoy hearing this

Ted Craven took the lead and did a great job
Jimmy Stewart
Charlie Bedard
and Myself all spoke to Howard
I'm sorry that some times things are cut off
the system works well but there is a slight delay and
when both people talk at the same time things get cut off
anyway
Here are 2 files
Part 1 and because we lost the connection
Part 2

Part1
Part2


Ted Craven 03-22-2019 03:40 PM

Another photo from the archives from 2008, year 1.

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/ima...8/bill&ted.gif


Bill's hair looks the same today - mine is a little lighter ... :)

Ted

mowens33 03-23-2019 02:13 PM

Looking good Gent's

Lt1 03-26-2019 10:19 AM

I am now confirmed to be at the Spa along with the wife.
Tim

Ted Craven 03-26-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 120376)
I am now confirmed to be at the Spa along with the wife.
Tim


Tim, does she need her own seat at the tables each day?


Ted

barb craven 03-26-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 120376)
I am now confirmed to be at the Spa along with the wife.
Tim

Great news. I look forward to meeting her Tim. Where are you staying?

Mitch44 03-26-2019 11:06 AM

Ted I'm booked at the Desmond and my wife will accompany also. Not sure if she'll do the track each day but plan on it for seating purposes. She's worth her weight in gold.


Mitch44

Lt1 03-26-2019 11:11 AM

Ted I pay for 3 days whether she comes or not. Better safe then sorry. She and Mitchs' wife will be hooking up at the Desmond.
Tim

Lt1 03-26-2019 11:12 AM

Hi Barb. We will be at the Desmond checking in on Thurs the 15th.
Tim

Ted Craven 03-26-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 120380)
Ted I'm booked at the Desmond and my wife will accompany also. Not sure if she'll do the track each day but plan on it for seating purposes. She's worth her weight in gold.

Mitch44


Got it! Sounds like it will be a party at the Desmond Thursday evening! Mum and I will get there late afternoon Thursday.


Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.