![]() |
Bill V's Health
Dear everyone, Bill V wrote me to express his thanks to you all for all the Birthday wishes over the past week, but also to say how sad he is that he cannot respond at much length just now due to how ill he is and often just plain tired.
We've known for some time now that Bill is actually suffering from kidney failure in a serious way. This plus the collection of medications he is taking is seriously messing with both his physical and mental/emotional health. Some weeks he feels better, full of enthusiasm for horse racing, talking and corresponding with people, being his traditional generous, helpful self. But other weeks he feels very low energy, can't focus on anything and feels altogether like crap and sad. More like the latter this past week, I think. I talked for a while with his sister Lois yesterday who lives nearby to Bill and their dad Joe. The facts are that Bill needs a new kidney and has launched the process for applying to get one. People in this situation, with proper dialysis treatment and medication live for many years with the condition. I understand that the family hopes he can get a new kidney soon, since he is otherwise generally healthy enough and certainly younger than most people in the situation. I want to encourage anyone who feels moved to either send Bill a private note or even, during this November Del Mar live race meet, if they are in the neighbourhood, to ask him if he wants to meet up somewhere at Del Mar and enjoy a few hours of live racing and the company of friends. Except when physical health conditions preclude it, I think his spirits are greatly lifted when in contact with people who care for him - I know that's true for me and mostly everyone I know! Make no mistake friends, Bill is in serious health but I personally strongly believe that physical health in many ways follows mental/emotional health and how we see ourselves. Any help Bill can receive from kind people who are able to simply wish him well, or keep him in their prayers while trying to live a loving and generous life for themselves (or by arrangement to spend a few hours enjoying our shared pastime with horse racing) -- all these gifts can help him perhaps find the physical strength and positive outlook required to deal with these tough times for him while he prepares for a new kidney, however long that may take. Bill started the precursor to PaceandCap, the VDC Messenger Yahoo newsgroup in 2004, out of gratitude for how Doc had affected his life. It is due to his desire to continue the Sartin Methodology and gather together Doc's fans that we are all here today, having this conversation and enjoying the game as we are, still using the old and the new tools. Many good things have flourished from those early desires of Bill. I want to say: hang in there Bill though I know that is neither easy nor much fun most days. I am grateful for your enthusiasm all these years and I want to do what I can to help you in this tough period, which I know may go on for a long while further. OK, I just wanted people to know more specifically what our friend is going through, how he is fighting, sometimes more sometimes less ahead of the curve - and how he needs our thoughts, positive energy and love. Ted |
I wish Bill sincere luck in getting a new kidney, and I will pray for him.
Good health soon, Bill. I have learned a lot from your posts. |
Hello Bill.
Remain upbeat as there is always hope and prayers coming your way. Great battles evolve overtime and not from immediacy. Take this war one day at a time and victory will be yours. Fight today and the future will take care of its self. All my best Bill, Mitch44 |
I feel so bad that I would actually donate a kidney. I can live with one.
|
Bill you are always in my prayers my friend. This maybe a long haul but in the end I know you will win. Stay tough.
Tim |
Stay strong Bill
As all of your friends have echoed I want you to know that you coming through this is what we all hope and pray for. STAY STRONG FOR US BILL.
Darryl |
Quote:
|
At Saratoga this summer, Bill went to dialysis on Friday morning so that he could be with us at the track Saturday afternoon. This is after the man had traveled coast to coast to be with us. He is a brave, courageous soul and he needs a new kidney. He's writing a book about the Doc and I sure would like to see him finish it. I would like to spend a lot more time at Saratoga with him, too.
|
Cheer up
hello dear friends
I could never write the words to express the feelings i am going through. Ted is now and has always been, so kind, and supportive towards me, in all my ups and downs. I wrote to him on Saturday I have not felt so sad and scared as I did that day. Things really hit rock bottom when I was taken out of the room at Del Mar in a wheelchair. Being able to handicap with my dad and friends, amongst the crowd at any race track has always meant so much to me. I cherish the gifts I have taken in from so many brilliant teachers, Doc and Jim and Richie P along with FTL and of course Ted, Each of them has given me such a lift and joy. I was devastated when the guard came and said ' Bill we have to take you out of here, I could see in his eyes I probably look very bad. I left my poor dad Brooks, along with all my buddies at the "table west" wondering what just happens, I was fine and then just before race 2 at Del Mar I turned to brooks and said, Dad I'm not feeling good at all. .. I am in bad shape, but I have great doctors, They really do care for me. I have a great group of nurses and staff at dialysis, and the hospital is always so caring, I really am lucky. I have great support a care from my Dad and sister and a great brother and family I spoke to my kidney doctor today, He told me I'm doing well, He said not to get down, The process of getting a transplant is long. I don't even know if I am eligible yet. I just have to take my pills and keep visiting the doctors, get lots of rest and eat very carefully stay on my strict diet. I will keep going, I have been given so much to live for I know I will be good, and strong Thank you all for your caring and support "May the 4 horse be with you" " Hey Aline come in here and meet Bill from Jersey, He is alright", Me." Hi my name is Bil, I was wondering, "can you help me ?" Richie P. "Of course Sit down, whats wrong" Love Bill |
Bill
Hoping all the best for you and that you feel better soon. Jeff |
Hang tough like you always do Bill! Help will be coming in the form of a new kidney and while waiting enjoy your passion of racing when you feel well enough. You are an amazing man with the strength of a lion and will be given everything you need for today and the future!
Love Richie |
Bill, I can’t even imagine the health issues you’re going through. But I do know one thing that you’re a very strong man and with the support of your family and friends you’re going to beat this.
One thing I will promise you is that you will be in my prayers until you beat this! Until we meet again, Mike |
Bill,
Hang in there you have many people sending positive thoughts your way. Take one day at a time and before you know it your new kidney will be on its way. As always, Good Skill! |
Good thoughts for you, Bill.
Feel better. |
Bill, you're an authentic tough guy, we all pray your new kidney will soon appear. I haven't met you in person yet, but I feel like I know you from all your posts--which are greatly appreciated.
God Bless you! Brian |
Happy Belated Birthday
Was sorry to read that you're going through some tough times, especially around your birthday. Just keep the faith and concentrate on sustained energy to carry you through these rough episodes. Your friend Omar.
|
Bill, God is good and wishing you all the best!
|
Hi Bill,
I know that you will beat this crap. I know you for about 14 years and know you will fight the good fight. I wish you a speedy recovery and good health. Hang in there. |
Stay strong Bill. Looks like you just have to wait it out until a kidney comes along. Not that it will be easy. I have known a few people with your condition and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for your work on this site. I read most of the postings and enjoy when you handicap a race in detail. Keep it up when you can. People are reading and watching and learning. Mike |
Thank you
Hello Friends
I feel good today, I so much appreciate the kind words of support. I have a heart doctor appointment this afternoon Today is all I can really think about, the past is in the rear view mirror and fading |
Hard to know what to say that hasn't already been said.
Mental strength is massive I think. The Psychology of Winning applies to a lot more things than the Methodology. Stay strong. |
Just something else.
Healthy eating, lots of fresh fruit and veg. Not sure how that fits into your medical dietary advice, but I do find when I'm eating good, apart from the general health benefits that it does lift my mood too, albeit sometimes a bit boring on the palette sometimes!! |
Bill, I apologize for not saying something to you sooner. I haven't been in here since last week. Hang in there my dear friend. You will get your new kidney and become healthier than ever. After meeting all your dear family this past summer (who are simply amazing), and reading this whole thread, I am confident that you have a powerful amount of positive energy to lift you up and support you until that kidney comes. I expect to see you again in Saratoga next year. You know you have all my thoughts and prayers. Good health my friend. Barb
|
Bill,
I can identify with your health situation since I now have kidney disease as well as leukemia. I have followed your battle on Pace and Cap. You continue to show resiliency and determination, not to mention a keen use of the Sartin Methodology. Stay the course! |
Bill - We've never met - but I have a place in my heart for you anyway. Much appreciation for all your tireless contributions in helping to keeping all of Doc's stuff going - and all that you contribute to this forum.
The future is bright . . . and that is a truth regardless of the state of the body in this life. Warmest of regards - Gary |
Bill:
You and I know each other longer than most of the people here but I know you as a person who is more determined to achieve a goal than anyone I know. Stay strong and focused and work the plan that has been laid out to you. Being in the medical field I know how long getting a kidney can take but if you take care of yourself you will maximize your chances to succeed. The support of your friends and family who lift you up when you are feeling low is essential to help you reach the "true finish line". Stay strong and focused and you can make it!!! Neil |
Bill, you have touched so many lives. If you can beat the track, you can beat this too. Keep the faith and stay in touch!
|
Wow
1 Attachment(s)
I am overwhelmed with emotions
Thank you so much each and every one of you those who know me from the days way back at the Meadowlands, to the days of VDC messenger, to the start of Pace and cap to the days at Laurel and Pimlico and Saratoga and Delmar You make me so determined to survive. May we all live a long healthy happy winning life Love Bill Here I am. I just got home from Del Mar, Thanks to the gang at the Table West Attachment 47504 |
Looking good Bill.
Tim |
Quote:
Have an artichoke for the Doc too! God Bless you Bill! |
Bill that's great and wishing you all the best and Dad as well
Jeff |
Hello Ted and Bill: I will be at Del Mar for the closing three days November 30, December 1, and December 2. Bill if you are up to it I would love to introduce myself and spend 1 or any of the 3 days I will be at the track. I have been a member here at Pace and Cap for I believe at least 10 years if not longer. As ted knows I only play the Southern California horse racing circuit and I don't post much here. I hope that we can meet up if your health permits. If your health does not permit us to be able to meet up, maybe we can find another time.
Kind regards, Dap Daddi |
Got to this late Bill. I am sorry to hear of your health problems. Don’t worry as my mother in law,lived 32 years after a kidney transplant. I will of course pray that all goes well in the days ahead
Papa John |
Bill, i wish you the best in the future. I am praying for you and asking the lord to find you a kidney donor. I am 74 years old ...will be 75 in july and i am so thankful for the good health that i have experienced. But health is just like racing....i put a lot of effort into winning as i do to stay healthy. So i pray that you can get this thing turned around in the near future and get back to being 100% healthy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. My son and i are planning a trip to santa anita for the 2019 breeders cup, i'm hoping to see you then...randy a.
|
Hi Bill,
I hope this finds you in better health. You are in my prayers for healing and speedy recovery. It is obvious that your faith is in Jesus so don't give up and He will carry you thru this. Thanks for all you have done for us at this site. Budman |
Bill, Wishing you all the best and with you and your family in my prayers.
|
Hang in there Bill,
I'll keep you in my prayers. Never stop reaching for The Lord's nail scarred hand. Get well soon, Mike |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.