![]() |
Tim
reading this thread and your apprentice rider thread, I have to ask - have you ever tracked the high odds uncoupled entry that was switching to an apprentice rider? |
Hi delay. No never have.
Tim |
Folks just finished reading Gaspers' book The Trainers' Secret Code where he outlines the rules for uncoupled entries. I had forgotten about these when I posted the angle. Here they are.
So there are ONLY A FEW RULES FOR THIS SYSTEM A. To be playable, THERE MUST BE AN UNCOUPLED ENTRY trained by the same trainer. B. One of those two runners MUST BE A SHORT-PRICE, 3 to 1 or less. And it is BETTER IF ONE OF THE RUNNERS IS AN OVERWHELMING ODDS-ON OR EVEN MONEY FAVORITE! C. To be playable, the 2nd or longer-priced entry must be significantly higher in price than its uncoupled stablemate. If both are 5 to 2 or 3-1 then you’re not getting value and you need to pass. When you see those two three facts come together in the same race, YOU HAVE A PLAYABLE RACE and the HORSE YOU ARE GOING TO BET is the LONGER PRICED OF THE TWO RUNNERS! His suggested way to bet is THE LONGSHOT IS LIVE AND HAS A CHANCE TO WIN. That’s the message the TRAINER is sending you. And, he or she should know better than anyone else. So in these circumstances HERE IS THE “GHOST FORM” BETTING ADVICE… 1. MAKE A STRONG BOX OF THE TRAINER’S TWO ENTRIES IN THE EXACTA 2. THEN WHEEL THE LONGSHOT RUNNER OF THE TWO TOP AND BOTTOM IN THE EXACTAS. As I said, the TRAINER HAS ALREADY TOLD YOU HIS LONGSHOT HORSE IS READY TO RUN and is good enough to beat the odds on favorite. He’s done the work. All you have to do is bet and cash in. So folks keep these updates in mind when dealing with uncoupled entries, Tim |
I agree whole heartedly with 2 exceptions.
1. Be sure that the 2nd entry isn’t a “Filler”. So avoid races with 6? Or less enries. 2. I generally don’t ever agree on wheeling exas. But I do use the TRI “saver” with the entries 1st and 3 rd with your other selection( if you have one in that race) for 2 nd Barryt PS it’s a good idea to keep records of this angle by trainer. Pletcher and CC Brown excel with this manuevre. Lucas and Obrien used to. PPS Lt hope you are doing RSS for Parx today. |
Thanks
For sharing Tim, appreciate it.
Bob |
Hi Barry. You can make whatever wager you wish. I just posted his bet plan directly from the book. I did todays' card but not thrilled with it. Most of the favs look legit. And yes Pletcher is good with this angle and Gasper uses him as an example in the book
Tim |
Your welcome Bob. This is what the forum is all about sharing info to help each other win
Tim |
Thanks Tim for posting this
Jeff |
You welcome Jeff.
Tim |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.