Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   May - Practice (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Barb Craven - My Practice Selections (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8330)

barb craven 05-29-2012 09:31 AM

Prx 0529 race 10
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have gone into detail here so you could see my thought processes for routes, which I prefer (my process is somewhat different for sprints). I have some time today, but don't usually. When I post the BL/BL screen , this is what I do to arrive at it. Is the BL/BL screen enough to post when the contest begins Bill?
I changed my mind on putting a win bet (as shown in my screen shot) on the 7 and just put a place.
$50 to win on the 3 and $25 to place on the 3. $25 to place on the 7. If either horse falls below my criteria of 2.5 odds, I would like that horse withdrawn and the monies attached to that horse put on a place wager of the remaining horse.
I hope these are the instructions you are looking for Bill.

Attachment 27023

barb craven 05-29-2012 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Where did the winning race go and where did it take place?
Attachment 27024

Bill V. 05-29-2012 11:20 AM

Dq
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Barb

Horse # 7 Kudu won The March 3 race on a DQ The horse One Shot finished first but bumped Kudu in the stretch and was placed 3rd

You can see the chart for past races by just right clicking on the race date

Barb is there anyway you can mke you screens a bit bigger
If not non't worry thank you and good skill
and your instructions were good about your conditional bets

Bill

barb craven 05-29-2012 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sure I can Bill. I just reduced them down because Ted said they were too big. How is this
Attachment 27029

Bill V. 05-29-2012 02:03 PM

Perfect
 
Thats good Barb


Yes I need to make mine smaller too
Yours is a good size now

Bill

Bill V. 05-29-2012 04:47 PM

Hi Barb
 
I'm so sorry

Your 3 won the race. If went off at 3/1 and as far as I could tell
never fell below 5/2 at 2 minutes to post
Your bet as I read it was $50 win $25 place on the 3
and $25 place on the 7

The 3 with apprentice jockey Luis Villanueva could not keep
#3 ZOSOGOOD from interfering with the 6 horse who finised third
Since the 5 Weggie finished ahead of the 6 the 5 was given the win
and the 3 was placed behind the 6 so you don't get your $25 place bet

Good Work with the race even if you didn't get the break

Thanks for the lesson
Bill

Segwin 01-18-2014 10:16 AM

I came upon this thread after a search for DVT. My question though, Barb or Ted, what software do you use to edit pictures? I like way it edits and uses shadows to help out the lines and arrows. Is it GIMP by chance?

Hoof 11 01-18-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segwin (Post 95159)
I came upon this thread after a search for DVT. My question though, Barb or Ted, what software do you use to edit pictures? I like way it edits and uses shadows to help out the lines and arrows. Is it GIMP by chance?

If you are using Windows, open the screenshot with "Paint", which can be found in Accessories in the Start menu.

Right click on the screenshot, select "open with" and choose "paint" and you're good to go. ;)

dirty moose 01-18-2014 01:40 PM

Hit the "print screen" key on your key board. (Located next to F12)
Open "paint"
Hit Ctrl and V together (paste)
Crop it down to your liking and then "save As..." In order to post you will need to save as a ,jpg file.

Lemme know if you need anymore help.

Ted Craven 01-18-2014 02:02 PM

The screen captures made earlier by Barb used Snagit - lots of markup tools (cheap, but not free). Another good free tool is ScreenHunter Free.

Every Windows version from Vista onwards includes a screen capture tool named 'snippingtool'. It allows you to capture the precise limited rectangle of the screen you want from the start. You don't have to capture everything (i.e. as with Print-Screen key) then edit it down using Paint.

I made a link on the RDSS Desktop to 'snippingtool' with the Screen Capture tool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In ALL cases, you can get that utility by simply typing in its name in the Windows Start Menu Search box. I recommend saving images in PNG format - they're a little smaller, no less clear.

Not many markup tools in 'snippingtool', but you can drop the captured image into Paint and use that.

When posting RDSS or other software output images, I strongly recommend you capture the smallest screen rectangle which shows what you want to show - omit the unnecessary bits. A maximum image width should be about 1100 pixels or less.

Good luck!

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.