![]() |
Just when I said that I will keep the tears and emotions inside..I didnt
To know all of you are behind us is a blessing ..and I thank you Well, they let her go home Thursday with her levels still high but the pain has been subsided since Sunday. We have no clue whats going on. She did this the first time and was back in a few days later. Whats wrong is that since shes 18 , they treat her like an adult and my wife and I are left out of it. We have to track down her doctor just to find out whats going on. The hospital staff and her doctor are on 2 different wavelengths. The hospital blunts out everything not thinking of who they're talking to with these interns that are just coming in and don't realize what they are doing and saying to the patients. At this point she has a follow up with her Dr . Mike |
Mike:
Just went through similar with a friend in Phoenix. Even though the patient was her husband my friends wife couldn't get the time of day from any of several doctors that attended her husband in ICU. Ask at the hospital if there are any patient advocates that can help you, consider getting a medical power of attorney for your daughter so you can be in the direct info link, and then plan on being the biggest pain in the ass your daughter's doctors have ever experienced. Ask all the important questions WHO, WHAT , WHEN, WHERE, WHY and don't quit asking until someone explains it well enough so that you understand it. Regards, Bill |
May God touch your daughter with his healing peace and my He give you and your wife the peace that passes all understanding. God Bless you in this tough time!
Dick |
Your healing prayer for your daughter has been repeated. The best to you and your family . FAITH.
Scott |
Thoughts and Prayers
Mike,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. My daughter will be 14 in 3 weeks, and I know how precious these young girls are. Keep positive my friend, JDL |
Mike
As a parent myself, when you child hurts you hurt 10 times as bad. Rest on God for your strength. My prayers will be with your family. |
Yes they are precious and it DOES hurt us 10 times more...
So far no issues with her feeling pain, today (Saturday) my wife and daughter are going to see her DR. I can only think that she will take blood and see if the levels change. I asked my wife to get all the paper work from the hospital and her DR so that IF she has an attack again we will we be going elsewhere. I had a pleasant experience when I went to NYU University Hospital 2yrs ago and maybe a choice for her to go. I feel like I'm twittering but its a way for me to let things out and I hope no one gets upset of this off topic at P & C. Thank you for all your thoughts and support Love Mike |
Mike, you aren't upsetting anyone. Speaking for myself and, I think all the rest, I feel touched and honored that you felt you could share your pain with us and feel comfortable knowing that we would respond the way we did. That's what friends are for, and I think we are all friends here.
|
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
|
Hi all..
Just an update.... Well, they say about 15% of the cause of this is uncertain. I guess she fell into this category. Went to NYU ,where I got my problem taken care of, and found a very nice Dr. for her. He did a Endoscopy that same day, which my hospital in Staten Island didn't do in 2 weeks that she was there, and he said it was clear and also did a biopsy (which was also clear) . At the last minute she decide to go on the cruise we planned and she didn't have a problem. It was a relief for us thinking that we might have cancelled the trip to stay with her. She ate almost everything and didn't have a hint of pain (in the mean time my wife and I were worried of an attack most of the time) . I believe that she got through this with the wishes and support of all of you thank you so much Mike |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.