Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Races of Interest (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   For test / Philly VDC (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6370)

Ted Craven 12-10-2009 09:18 AM

Oops! The Segments screen column label in the 'central' Analysis Tab (i.e. the one accessed across the top row of tabs next to the 'Entries' Tab) shows F3+Total Pace. The label on the Analysis screen appearing as Panel 3 below each horse's PPs shows V/DC (in Val4 mode). Sorry for the inconsistency - I never noticed that!

If you show only the 2 horse panels and never the 3rd Analysis panel (and access Analysis from the top tabset) you'd never notice that. However, it's the same Val4 mode data on either.

As mentioned several times elsewhere, the V/DC rank consists of the better rank of the BL/BL rank or the actual underlying VDC formula rank. That's where ties come from. The positioning of the horse icon in the 3rd column on Segments (at the right edge) shows the relative magnitude of the actual VDC number, not the final VDC rank. That's how 2 horses with the same VDC rank can be in different positions.

Without commenting for the time being on what is being measured, Bill V is focusing on the VDC underlying number (not the rank, mixed with BL/BL) and contrasting it with the 'dream race' owner of the fastest 2nd call.

Fascinating research, guys!

Ted

Bill Lyster 12-10-2009 12:55 PM

The labels
 
When I first reconfigured to Val 4 mode and saved, I went back to the race and the F3 + Total Pace label was still there. I was afraid that the change in configuation hadn't taken place yet, so I quit the program and re-started. It took a couple of restarts before I got the V/DC label to show in the 3rd panel.

Even weirder, just a few mins. ago I opened yesterday's Hol 7th and went to the 7 horse. I had all three screen open and the label on the "Analysis-Segments" screen said F3+ Total for the 3rd panel and then, when I went to the Analysis-Segments screen all by itself, the label had the V/DC info.

Ted, I can't reproduce a screen shot of this, because it somehow toggled off on its own. I went back to the 7 horse and tried again, but by this time the V/DC label was where it should be in both views. Pretty strange.

Bill Lyster 12-10-2009 01:01 PM

And now its back. see the screen shots for the 7th and 8th races
 
4 Attachment(s)
I'm in Val 4 mode and V/DC shows on segments in bottom panel, but the Analysis-Segments solo page shows the title as F3 and total Pace. A minute ago, they both showed V/DC info, like the 7th race info

Happy hair pulling, Ted,

Bill V. 12-10-2009 02:56 PM

Thanks Bill
 
I'm so happy it was not me

Talk about being confused

I was seeing VDC on some races and 3f = total pace
the back I thought something was wrong and I had been sent to Spec mode

Bill V. 12-10-2009 03:05 PM

Nice line selection
 
1 Attachment(s)
Bill L.. Line 4 is better
thanks

Bill Lyster 12-10-2009 04:49 PM

I realize that line 4 is better, but my matchup (?) indicated Usurp burning up on the lead. The race actually ran a first fraction of 23+ (who coulda known..) and so Usurp waltzed easy. (my bad analysis)

Bill V. 12-10-2009 07:24 PM

Holly final
 
1 Attachment(s)
Just got in The 8th at Hollywood
returns a nice profit

Bill V. 12-10-2009 07:47 PM

The 3
 
3 Attachment(s)
Here is Race 8 from Golden Gate very encouraging reaults on the Poly in longer races I did not bet this one I did the Hollywood race instead
but that one won too :)

Here is race 8

My top contenders
Now I have two 0.0 horses 6 and 4
since the 6 finishes worse on the horse Icons I hide it first
Attachment 18447

Now the 4 goes out

Attachment 18448
now here are my top 3
The 3 horse won at 11/1:)
Attachment 18449

Bill V. 12-11-2009 12:54 PM

AQU Inner
 
1 Attachment(s)
Of to a nice start on the AQU inner

The 3 gets a nice exacta

1st 5 ANGELIC AURA $5.20 $3.90 $3.00
2nd 3 ONE STARRY NITE $9.70 $7.40
3rd 6 WESTERN DEED $4.00
4th 4 VETTRIANO (IRE)

Other Payouts

$2 EX (5/3) paid $67.00
$2 TRI (5/3/6) paid $350.00

RACE #1 Purse: $20000

1M 70Y Main

raceman5 12-11-2009 01:23 PM

How did u do on race 2 Bill? Nice hit in the first.

Bob


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.