![]() |
Wonderful win by Wise Dan! I think he's my favourite horse this year :)
Ted |
Race 12 - The Classic
1 Attachment(s)
Well, for me, I decided the Classic was too contentious to bet on this year. IMO, any of Ft Larned, G.O.D., Will Take Charge, or MMM could win. You don't actually have to bet on a race, just because you spent a lot of time on it.
Time to count my bankroll (the remaining part :o), open a nice Gewurtz and eat my pizza watching the rest of the festivities. Had a great (though technically not profitable) day! Good night all, and good luck! Attachment 36111 |
1 Attachment(s)
How my program has the BCC!
|
I do like Game On Dude. But my key with be the #7
|
I'd like to thank the BC for taking a large chunk on my money.
|
It wasn't exactly the orgasm of success I hoped for, but today more than made up for yesterday and I ended with a little bit bigger bank than when I started, so it's all good.
What a Mucho story for the Macho Man, eh? That story will be a movie before you know it. I modestly played our Kansas horse Fort Larned as one of my winners, although I wasn't overly confident. He ran a good race. Can't ask for more than that, especially considering the quality of field. What a great 2 days of racing! |
Oh, and thanks for the wonderful sense of humor, Moose! :)
|
Congrats to
Mucho Macho Man I think I lost my voice screaming for Pennsylvania Derby winner 3 year old Will Take Charge |
Quote:
It's about all I have left after Friday and Today :):(:mad::confused: |
crap I also had the #10 ...that take down knocked me out of the P4 right off the bat..then the #11 knocked me out of the late P4....but Macho Man made up for a day that wasn't going well ....I'll take that win !!!!!
|
Cudos to NBC Sports for fantastic coverage. I really enjoyed watching both days.
Watching the top horses compete is a great visual experience. |
May be a case of selective memory, but it seems to me this years BC cards were overall the most challenging I can recall.
I noted with interest some of the creative pace line selection by those here who posted screenshots. Sometimes I think I'm getting settled in on a paceline process and other times I'm not so sure. Last two days fell into the "I'm not sure" category leaving me to pass races I had been looking forward to for a year. Just never seemed to get synced into a play it mode. Lots of work to do. |
There is so much at stakes in the Breeder's Cup that I think nobody should feel bad for not being able to predict the outcome of any of those races.
I am quite confident in my paceline selection now, but I did not even bother downloading the cards. However I did enjoy watching some of the races, which I think were very entertaining. |
Quote:
It's all good. |
Ted,
I wonder if the jockey impact plays more of a role in the outcome of the these turf races than is usually the case. Obviously with the vast majority of racing over here being on the turf perhaps it does lend a tactical advantage? I recall Frankie Dettori being slammed for one of his rides in the BC a few years ago on the dirt so perhaps there might be something in it. Probably not enough to warrant an indepth study for two days racing per year! Alternatively, it could be the Guinness, well for the Irish that is! |
Dave...very valid point...I think jockey impact in some cases plays an important role..but there are a lot of circumstances to look at...type of race and money involved, relationship between jock and the connections...but I like to see an older experienced jock like Garret Gomez, Johnny V., Gary Stevens, Mike Smith, be on a horse that they have ridden before and knows the horses behavioral habits...I told some of my racing friends last week that Mike and Gary would be the top jocks in this years BC races..and they were...also without Dettori being here Ryan Moore won 2 BC races...he also is experienced....don't believe that jocks should be a major hcp factor but when you look at your contenders it's nice to have these guys riding for you ...it makes me more confident when I bet...
|
Breeders Cup 2014, Santa Anita - P & C Meeting
Hello Friends,
I hope you all made a little money this weekend. I was busy with family all weekend, and thank the lord for my PVR, as I will watch the races this week. Downloaded the cards, but did not wager. The reason for the post is that I think we should plan a team meeting at the Breeders Cup next year at Santa Anita. I will be heading out for sure......let's make some cash, and have some fun. Happy Punting |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.