Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Paceline Selection (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17789)

pianoman 08-15-2026 04:17 PM

Unfortunately I having an issue with the Snip tool. Though I bet Saratoga Race 1. Paceline selection was the top pacelines for my contenders which it had the highest speed ratings. My selections in order was numbers 7, 6, 1, 3 & 8. Finish was 7 1 for a 70 exacta for two dollars.

shoeless 08-16-2026 12:33 PM

Thanks Eric

If you don't mind, what screens did you use. If it is a problem that is
ok, I understand.

Jeff

pianoman 08-17-2026 04:30 PM

Jeff, I use the Energy Generator, Entropy, Preplay & Phase 1 screens in conjunction with each other. Never cared about the Thoromation screen where the horses are animated. I pay attention to the Muv on the Sort screen. That's about it. Another thing I generally will the use latest pace line if its a plus race. No need to go any further in my opinion. Yes, Doc gave "excuses" to look further if necessary but if I believe the last plus pace line is "representative" for todays race I use it. Stop looking for the horse best race.

Eric

shoeless 08-18-2026 05:31 PM

Thanks a lot Eric for a further explanation how you do things


Jeff

pianoman 08-20-2026 12:45 AM

Jeff, I’m glad you started this thread. It’s been great for me to formalize some of my thoughts and feelings of the methodology. Sometimes I don’t believe we give enough thought to passing races. The methodology is not applicable to many races in my opinion. Food for thought.

Eric

DanBoals 08-20-2026 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianoman (Post 160805)
Jeff, I’m glad you started this thread. It’s been great for me to formalize some of my thoughts and feelings of the methodology. Sometimes I don’t believe we give enough thought to passing races. The methodology is not applicable to many races in my opinion. Food for thought.

Eric

Howard told me multiple times that the key to making money with handicapping is knowing which races to pass.

It seems to be an art form, not a science.

Experience and practice are going to be required to master it. I think Eric is absolutely correct on this.

shoeless 08-22-2026 12:20 PM

Thanks Eric and Dan,

I agree 100% and remembering in my younger days when I
would go to bet a certain horse and by the time the race came
up be almost tapped out.

I wasn't around the early stages of the methodology so like hearing
the old stories back then.

Jeff

pianoman 08-23-2026 11:21 AM

Jeff, just a suggestion, I think it would be wise to use the library. There is a wealth of material. The past four months I’ve READ (not skimmed) all of the follow ups from issue 28 to the last. There was so much I forgotten and now have assisted myself immensely. You mentioned Handicapping Magic, practically everything in that book was from early Sartin. PBS and PPF ratings were developed during Pizzolla time in the methodology. In his book he called PBS, Pace Balanced Speed. If you read some of the earlier Follow Ups, they were called Pizzolla Bradshaw Sartin numbers. The excuses he used to open up the form cycles windows were from the Paceline manual.

Eric

shoeless 08-23-2026 02:28 PM

Eric

Thanks I appreciate the suggestion, Dan has mentioned the same the
same thing to me.

I liked the way Pizzolla opened up the PP'S on horses, shame he
passed away.


Jeff


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.