Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Synergism (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   SYN2 Export File Testing - Help! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8488)

alydar_ David 07-20-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 81714)
Does anyone know - definitively - whether SYN2, and SYN3, expects Call Times in fifths or tenths of seconds?

Ted

Good question, Ted. I've always used fifths, but can't say definitively that's correct.

I *think* I asked Bob Purdy about this once, but I'm not positive. I spent a lot of time discussing Syn7 with him but am somewhat fuzzy about earlier conversations.

Is he still around? If so, you could ask him. He's always been gracious and helpful.

Ted Craven 07-20-2012 08:43 AM

Thanks guys. The existing EXDC export routines are designed for either fifths or tenths, so when I get something working, folks can try tenths and see if it makes any sense.

I'll do my testing with fifths (though I cringe - as I do when comparing the paper DRF paper call times to the tenths we use, as in: 110.7 tenths becomes 110.3 fifths).

Ted

Houndog 07-20-2012 10:35 AM

Phase III
 
This is just an idea but as many of the Synergism II users know their is also an option to run PHASE III as one of the menu options. Even though the program heading says Synergism the difference is that it does not ask for a track record or a set-up time.

I ran a sample race and saved it to disk. All that you need to do is open the race you just saved and the proper program opens. It seems to me the export to Synergism would be easier for Ted to implement without having to deal with track records or set-up times. It seems to me if you exported the adjusted times from RDSS to Synergism this would accomplish the same thing as the user having to worry about Track Records; Set-Up Times; or Par Times in the case of Synergism III and Synergism IV. Perhaps exporting adjusted lines from RDSS would actually be better for most users.

This is just an idea and any other comments or suggestions would be most welcome.

Ted Craven 07-20-2012 10:49 AM

Thanks Mike. I will experiment further, with and without 3YBT and Setup times.

Ted

Ted Craven 07-20-2012 12:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is an example export file for folks to test and comment on - using SYN2.

Race: Saratoga July 20, Race 1.

Original, unadjusted version: Attachment 28214

Adjusted version: Attachment 28215

Right-click on the attachments above, then choose Save Link As or Save Target As, then save to your SYN2 folder.

Load using SYN2 Menu Option Load a Race from Disk.

The 'adjusted' version equalizes all chosen pacelines to today's 8f distance, adds a Daily Track Variant and Inter Track variant adjustment, also adjusts the one dirt line (#11) to today's inner Turf.

The 'original' version makes none of the foregoing adjustments - just uses RAW original call times.

Neither file version makes any use (yet) of the Open Adjustment, nor of APV or Class rating, nor of the 3 Year Best Time, nor of Setup Times for the 2nd and Final Call points.

Comments?

Following are the RDSS Original, Adjusted and final BLBL screens, respectively (using my choice of pacelines and contenders, FWIW). You can see the call times and beaten lengths used for the Original file on the Original screen, for the Adjusted file on the Adjusted screen. You can compare RDSS' Adjusted final rankings on the BLBL screen to the final rankings in the ADJUSTED file.

Attachment 28216

Attachment 28217

Attachment 28218

Ted Craven 07-20-2012 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Result:

Attachment 28222

Attachment 28223

Missed betting (on the phone with Bill V), but anyone should have Win bet either the 9 and 5, or maybe the 4 and 5. But at least, the #5 in a Turf race (most Late, yet 3rd overall odds line)


Ted

Houndog 07-20-2012 01:26 PM

Good Result
 
Ted I think that was a good result and considering this was a race on the inner turf you could definitely make a case for the winner especially at those odds.

The RDSS readouts correlate nicely with the Synergism readouts. Considering users have the option of raw or adjusted this would save time for data entry for the Synergism users out there.

Since most of the experienced Synergism users try to stay with pacelines that are of similiar distance and surface this export should be good to go.

Winner ranked #1 on LP and #1 DR.

Houndog 07-20-2012 02:25 PM

Synergism II Manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 81714)
Does anyone know - definitively - whether SYN2, and SYN3, expects Call Times in fifths or tenths of seconds?

Ted

Ted I think from the Synergism II manual Bob Purdy states to enter fractions as they are in the Racing Form which was in fifths at that time. This could very well be true for Synergism III and IV also. Page 33 of the Synergism II Manual.

JimG 07-20-2012 03:13 PM

Ted,

Worked fine on my copy of syn2. Where's races 2-10? :D

Jim

Bill V. 07-20-2012 03:39 PM

Saratoga 1
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi Ted
I'm sorry you missed the race cause of our phone call
but like my old friend MAC used to say "There will be more "

Both files worked great

I selected to rate the race by EP on the adjusted file
and SP on the original

ADJ - EP
Attachment 28239

******
Orig- SP
Attachment 28240


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.