Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS Documentation -- All Versions (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Suggestions Box (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10576)

Ted Craven 10-26-2017 10:17 AM

Password Input Box
 
Quote:

I noticed that in the Registration tab, in the area where I input the information for my TrackMaster account, the password box it displays my entire password and not the dots that hides my password. What causes this?
It's a change in V2.1. Because - people kept forgetting what their Password was, and kept writing me or TrackMaster to find out - LOL! So, I put the passwords in the open (thinking RDSS is typically used in privacy).

However - I will take this as a suggestion to put a checkbox next to the various Password inputs to toggle between display or hide password.

Thanks for the query/suggestion!

Ted

papajohn3times 10-26-2017 07:04 PM

Hi Ted
I know you said that showing the horses individual POWER LINES was redundant but I still would like to have them with the color coding like shown in many earlier races that you did from Woodbine

Jeebs 03-10-2018 02:35 PM

Rx3 suggestion
 
Hi Ted,

With the Live Tote capability back in play, It would seem possible (not sure if the Live tote is capable of fetching the projected Win price like AmWager does) to calculate a $Net based on 1) the Rx3 win percentage and 2) the live tote price.

Example, say a horse has an Rx3 win percentage of 40% and its live tote price is Even (1-1). Since we know that Even on a $2 bet is $4.00, you could multiply 40x4 and divide by 100 to get that horse's $Net on a flat single wager. In this case, this Rx3 horse would have a $Net of $1.60 based on its relative win percentage from Rx3. If the horse's price went higher, the $Net would increase and vice versa. As pacelines and/or contenders are chosen or eliminated, the $Net's would also change.

Obviously, when you're betting multiple horses to win, the $Net would change. However, when looking at runners individually, this would be a good gauge of value relative to the live odds and could be a good add-on to RDSS. It could also be a good thing to model, as it could show if our winning contenders are profitable in relation to the final tote. However, since last minute odds changes after the bell always happen (and we can't bet post-hoc), it may not be totally accurate, as we can only play positive $Net runners before the race goes off. Still, how do our Rx3 40% runners usually fare? Are they typically underlaid or overlaid? Hope I explained this clear.

~Tim

Bill V. 03-10-2018 03:26 PM

Hi Ted
 
Is there a way, that when RDSS crashes. RDSS just shuts down

As I have talked to mentioned to you in the past,
When I am at Surf-side race place at Del Mar.
I am using two RDSS's I am watching the tote, I am placing my bets
on my online account , at the very last minute, and I am watching videos from tracks like Parx.
All this at the same time ,on not the greatest laptop .
My RDSS's crashes every few races.

But since the updates now when RDSS crashes. It seems to be going through a long process to try to recover, but it never does. I usefully just shut it down and restart anyway, It is frustrating because while RDSS is trying to fix itself
I can't do anything else. The only answer is shutting down and restarting anyway. So can RDSS just give up once it thinks it should crash

Thanks Bill

Mitch44 03-13-2018 11:33 AM

Hello Ted,


These are my suggestions:


1. Note aberrant variants by placing them in red so they will standout to the user when picking or confirming pace lines.


2. Where it shows the POR add the POR 1st FR and the SC. This would allow matchers and everyone a better view of the horse as to what pace it can win against, The POR total energy does not tell how it the horse achieved its POH rating.


3.Provide the old Late Energy rating (rating from the stretch call to finish). This would allow the user to compare it to the 3rd FR to better ascertain where high deceleration took place. This could help determine if a horse can further stretch out or needs to cut back to win.


4. On the FPS screen convert those FPS to a scale of 100 similar to TPR so the user can better understand the numbers. Few if any can determine how much a beaten length is using the FPS screen, particularity with different fractions representing different distances.


Hoping Santa comes,
Mitch44

Jeebs 03-13-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 114841)
Hello Ted,


These are my suggestions:


1. Note aberrant variants by placing them in red so they will standout to the user when picking or confirming pace lines.


2. Where it shows the POR add the POR 1st FR and the SC. This would allow matchers and everyone a better view of the horse as to what pace it can win against, The POR total energy does not tell how it the horse achieved its POH rating.


3.Provide the old Late Energy rating (rating from the stretch call to finish). This would allow the user to compare it to the 3rd FR to better ascertain where high deceleration took place. This could help determine if a horse can further stretch out or needs to cut back to win.


4. On the FPS screen convert those FPS to a scale of 100 similar to TPR so the user can better understand the numbers. Few if any can determine how much a beaten length is using the FPS screen, particularity with different fractions representing different distances.


Hoping Santa comes,
Mitch44

Hi Mitch,

Re: aberrant variants - such a setting is a good idea, and would have to be based on what the user defines as the "normal" range. Some may prefer a looser/tighter range than others.

I also like the idea of a "simplified" FPS. I know that BLAM users have the option of viewing that program's "Master Pace Rating" (Pizzolla's version of Total Energy) and other compounded velocity ratings in either FPS or a simplified version set to a number scale. Not sure if it would be possible to set the other velocity/energy ratings to such a scale, but IMO it would improve upon the Phase I (PMTR) numbers currently available to us in RDSS.

While on the topic of new ideas, I would like to see the TS+F3 on the Segments screen removed (or user option to remove) in favor of the standalone F3, but keeping it on the BL/BL screen as a Supplemental corollary. Validator's MUG screen only showed F1, F2 and F3 on the graph. I know that FTL has mentioned that the TS+F3 basically weighs F3 twice, as F3 is taken into account in getting the TS rating.

Good stuff, Mitch.

~Tim

Mitch44 03-13-2018 06:31 PM

Hi Tim,


On unusual variants: the user would still have the ability to set the variants, that would not change but it would immediately alert as to one that is not normal, I.e. last week there were a couple from PRX that had -56's., also not uncommon at MVR. It could be flexible to be say 10 above or below one's settings. We're looking for extremes here.


The PMTR and the FPS are obtained in different ways. FPS are much more accurate but difficult to analyze. I wouldn't advocate changing other formula because their used in many other factors but the FPS screen could be a much greater tool than it presently is Internally the numbers would be the same ,just viewed in a different manner.

Hope your doing well Tim.
Mitch44

gptx 04-03-2019 03:51 PM

I am loving RDSS but having a hard time transitioning from Bris Ultimate PP's. One of the difficult issues I am having with RDSS is projecting the pace of the race.



For instance with the Ultimate PP's I can see very easily the equalized pace numbers of the front runners since two points equals one length at all distances. That helps me determine not only the projected pace of race but also what type of pace the the horse is comfortable with from it's past races. Not only that, but also I can tell that when a horse gains in position between first and second call that it means more when the second call figure is higher than the first, and means less than when not. I just can't do that with FPS.



So with that said,
  • I really like Mitch44's suggestion in post 15 above (really all of his suggestions in that post) of converting the FPS to a scale that can be comparable to one another in some fashion at each fraction.
  • Would like to see an option of having the adjusted screen times reflect the adjusted times with beaten lengths added.
  • Would like to have the ability to change the QSP next to Running Style when not agreed with, (such as we currently have the ability to select the Running Style.)
Thanks Ted for all you do with this great program!

Mitch44 04-03-2019 05:27 PM

gptx;

I use both Bris ultimate PP w/ comments in conjunction with RDSS. The BRIS are more complete and contain more helpful information while all in one place.

The BRIS pace figures are pretty good and I used them for years. However the RDSS pace figures are better because they actually measure the time and correct distance for the fraction or element being measure. Both time and distance have an effect on how much a beaten length actually is worth. Even more so as 3rd Fr. really vary at difference distances. For ex. at 10 F the last quarter is 2 F. Hooray for Bris because everything is measured by 2 F, one 1/4 of a mi. But what about a 7 F race where the last Fr is 3F or a 1 1/16 where the last FR is 2 1/16, 9 F race last FR is 3 F etc.

If you do figures for different times such as 45 for 4 F and 48 or 49 for some cheap horses you will see that the speed traveled (faster speed by faster time) that the beaten lengths vary.

So you can see the length varies depending on the distance and time being measured. One could argue that these differences are insignificant. Hell no!! These differences are very significant, think of how many races are won by small margins such as a nose, head or even one length. Do any of us want to give up those margins?

To help solve your problem in RDSS use the TPR tab on the summary screen(compares all the horses or contenders for the lines selected). The TPR figures are on a scale of 100 and more easy to comprehend. While it doesn't rate the 1st FR the 1st FR is contained within the SC 100 scale number. Go back and forth with the FPS screen and this should eliminate the problem. On the FPS screen you can tell if a horses ran better in a certain FR or declined( decelerated).

Mitch44

gptx 04-03-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 120646)
gptx;

To help solve your problem in RDSS use the TPR tab on the summary screen(compares all the horses or contenders for the lines selected). The TPR figures are on a scale of 100 and more easy to comprehend. While it doesn't rate the 1st FR the 1st FR is contained within the SC 100 scale number. Go back and forth with the FPS screen and this should eliminate the problem. On the FPS screen you can tell if a horses ran better in a certain FR or declined( decelerated).

Mitch44


Thanks Mitch! Man, I can't believe I didn't think to use TPR; and using first fraction FPS will give more insight to see who if any is really gunning it early.


Very good advice, Thanks again!


Wife and I are going out of town tomorrow for the weekend but when we get back I might post a few questions on the forum for some guidance. One thing for certain that I have seen on this site is everyone's willingness to share information and to help. Thanks to All!!!


Jess


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.