Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > For The Lead
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Conversation Between For The Lead and Neil S.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. Neil S.
    03-10-2014 10:42 PM
    Neil S.
    I absolutely love this thread and the tremendous contribution that you have made. I have been using this paceline and contender method for a few months and the number of winners in the top two and three has increased dramatically.
    Unfortunately my problem has and still is developing a consistent style of wagering that enables me to isolate the best wagers from my selected contenders. Most of the winners I do get as contenders are in the top two, but only on rare occasions does a true "value" horse show up here. The longer prices tend to fall a little lower in the rankings, however horses lower than level two don't win enough of the races to warrant regular wagers. Similarly an occasional longshot will show up in my top two, but these are not frequent enough to produce a consistent profit.
    I have seen occasional races where the odds are 4-1 or greater in the top three which should normally be a prime wagering opportunity, however these races don't tend to produce significant results.
    I have been a two horse bettor throughout, but I would be interested in what wagering strategies would be successful using this type of contender and paceline selection.

Neil